Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
This discussion about the torque converter makes me wonder if my problem with hesitation isn't a problem with the TQ too. The hesitation started after the new transmission was replaced. (which fixed the shudder). When the TMC was re-flashed, the hesitation was ok for about 2600 miles but started again. Do you think it could be the T converter? They have had my car for a week now with no word what they have or have not found. I told them to keep as long as they needed to get it fixed. My state requires that you give them 4 tries to fix it, giving a notice of "final attempt" on the fourth try. This will be my third attempt.
I guess you can always bring it up to them to see what they have to say, the worst they can do is say "no, we'll not look at it", maybe they will even give you their opinion too

·
Registered
21 Posts
Left the car at the dealership today. Said they would put a monitor on it and try to make it malfunction. The data would then be sent to Infiniti.
Dealership reported that they had recorded a "shudder" and had sent the data to Infiniti. Did not duplicate the hesitation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went to the dealership today with a typed chronological list of all that has happened. Got lucky that the dealership's owner was there. With his help, traded my QX60 for a new identical one. I had to pay some extra (here we call it boot), but if I had taken Arkansas' Lemon Law, I would have written off $12,000. Feels good to be rid of the problem. Next decision, do I trust this car or do I trade it off in six months?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Took mine to the dealer a week ago and the tech did a ride along with me and had a laptop plugged In to the port below the drivers side dash. I couldn't get it to reproduce the shudder in its most violent form but did get it to shudder slightly once. He told me he recorded the data and will send it along to Infiniti. He told me if I can reproduce the issue they can fix it. Until then, they won't attempt any repairs. I'll keep you guys posted. If anyone has any tips on how to reproduce consistently please post.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Here is a follow-up on my new replacement Q60: Just finished a trip to Florida, and have a total of about 2500 miles on it. No problems so far. I plan to keep a close eye on it and if it so much as burps it will be gone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got an Email from my dealer and was told they have a new way to diagnose the low speed shudder. The major problem has been getting it to act up while the dealer is looking at it. He made it sound like they are going to attach some sort of module that will download the data while we drive. Then we let them know the date/time of the shudder and they can download the data. They are picking up the car next week.

·
Registered
52 Posts
JX Owner since 2013 June with 2014 Transmission .. no issues and fingers crossed but has anyone got any videos of this shudder ? i just wanted to know how it feels

·
Registered
4 Posts
What a effin' joke. People spend their hard-earned money to buy their dream car and it turns out to be a complete dud...SHAME ON YOU INFINITI....

·
Registered
23 Posts
I know this is old and I’m trying to post everywhere if anyone is having slow speed shudder issues and when turning check the Infiniti billeting on AWD differential coupling

61 - 70 of 70 Posts