Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
yesterday I traded my 2014 QX 60 for the keys of a brand new 2015 Toyota Highlander le plus. There was no money exchanged and I traded keys for keys. I am glad to be out of the Infiniti. I had the low speed shutter. The telephone system is idiotic. The seats are rock hard.weather stripping from the roof started coming off. I will never again buy an Infiniti. Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OMG Ive had my QX60 for 3 weeks and out of those 3 weeks the dealer has had it for 4 days trying to "recreate" the problem like they don't know what Im talking about. Im going to ride with the mechanic tomorrow morning to see if it happens but even if it doesn't, Im picking up my car tomorrow no matter what. They've given me a loaner Q50 car which would be good for anyone else I suppose, but I have high school carpool and my daughter has a huge Cello. So we'll see what happens. I don't know why they just don't install the "black box" to record these types of intermittent problems. It almost seems as if they are trying to act like nothings wrong with the vehicle. My husband and I have had over 15 cars in our 23 yrs of marriage and this is the first BRAND NEW LUXURY vehicle we've splurged on and now this happens. I have to admit that the dealership and sales has been a pleasure to work with during the buying process but Im not feeling to great about this problem at this point.

Stay tuned for update after tomorrow's "ride a long" with the mechanic.........

·
Registered
31 Posts
OMG Ive had my QX60 for 3 weeks and out of those 3 weeks the dealer has had it for 4 days trying to "recreate" the problem like they don't know what Im talking about. Im going to ride with the mechanic tomorrow morning to see if it happens but even if it doesn't, Im picking up my car tomorrow no matter what. They've given me a loaner Q50 car which would be good for anyone else I suppose, but I have high school carpool and my daughter has a huge Cello. So we'll see what happens. I don't know why they just don't install the "black box" to record these types of intermittent problems. It almost seems as if they are trying to act like nothings wrong with the vehicle. My husband and I have had over 15 cars in our 23 yrs of marriage and this is the first BRAND NEW LUXURY vehicle we've splurged on and now this happens. I have to admit that the dealership and sales has been a pleasure to work with during the buying process but Im not feeling to great about this problem at this point.

Stay tuned for update after tomorrow's "ride a long" with the mechanic.........

QX60Girl...I would call Infiniti's Customer Service line or visit their site Contact Us | Infiniti USA and file a complaint. I did the same, since my dealer couldn't replicate the shudder and Customer Service hooked me up with a Regional Tech - who met me at the dealership. He replicated the problem right away and I got a new transmission, which has been flawless so far.

·
Registered
6 Posts
QX60Girl...I would call Infiniti's Customer Service line or visit their site Contact Us | Infiniti USA and file a complaint. I did the same, since my dealer couldn't replicate the shudder and Customer Service hooked me up with a Regional Tech - who met me at the dealership. He replicated the problem right away and I got a new transmission, which has been flawless so far.
Wow thank you! I will do that if they can't figure it out tomorrow. But first I already promised them I would come in tomorrow for this "ride-along". I will give them this second chance, but then Im taking my vehicle back as I really need the extra space. Then I'll call Customer Service from my QX60 while Im driving it home ;-)
Thanks so much for the advice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow thank you! I will do that if they can't figure it out tomorrow. But first I already promised them I would come in tomorrow for this "ride-along". I will give them this second chance, but then Im taking my vehicle back as I really need the extra space. Then I'll call Customer Service from my QX60 while Im driving it home ;-)
Thanks so much for the advice.
Ok, well I took my vehicle home today after almost an entire week without it. Feels so great to be back in it but Im sorry to inform all thats watching this thread that there was no resolution. They couldn't recreate the shudder. Whatever, Ill just wait for the recall, unless it gets worse then I'll take it somewhere else. I was thinking next time maybe to Nissan since their pathfinder shudder problem is so well documented. Infiniti doesnt seem to know what the problem is unless they can somehow recreate it. I'll stay with the forum tho.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Going over to nissan might just be what helps. Even better if there is some Nissan dealer right next to an infiniti dealer, might be able to get both nissan and infiniti pro's on board.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I finished my 2600 mile trip and the car worked perfectly. Now the question is whether or not I will be comfortable driving the car another 25,000 miles or should I trade it in now for an Acura MDX? The problem I have is that I love the car. It has every feature I want and they all work perfectly.

·
Registered
225 Posts
... The problem I have is that I love the car. It has every feature I want and they all work perfectly.
I think you answered your own question.

Every car has its own issues. MDX is not going to be perfect, either, so if you are happy, got your issues resolved and still have warranty (which I suspect you do) then enjoy it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Went to the dealership today and described the two problems. They said they had received a notice that the Tran. Control Module (TCM) needed to be reprogramed. After a sixty mile trip home and several miles running around town, the problem seems to be fixed. We are planning a 2000 mile trip next week so I will see if it is truly fixed.
As I reported, I finished my 2600 mile trip, and everything seemed fine. However, several days after I returned, I noticed the hesitation on start-up again. Saw it again several more times, say once or twice per week. Today after a 30 mile trip on the interstate, it happened three times in succession. After I returned home on the same interstate, I could make it do it at will. After I parked for five minutes, I was not able to make it do it again. To restate the problem: From a complete stop, when I press the accelerator, the car starts forward, then the transmission hesitates and then clunks and re-engages with a jolt. I will call the dealership on Monday to see what they want to do. I am getting closer and closer to the lemon law.

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I reported, I finished my 2600 mile trip, and everything seemed fine. However, several days after I returned, I noticed the hesitation on start-up again. Saw it again several more times, say once or twice per week. Today after a 30 mile trip on the interstate, it happened three times in succession. After I returned home on the same interstate, I could make it do it at will. After I parked for five minutes, I was not able to make it do it again. To restate the problem: From a complete stop, when I press the accelerator, the car starts forward, then the transmission hesitates and then clunks and re-engages with a jolt. I will call the dealership on Monday to see what they want to do. I am getting closer and closer to the lemon law.
Left the car at the dealership today. Said they would put a monitor on it and try to make it malfunction. The data would then be sent to Infiniti.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I too get the shudder sometimes at low speeds on our 2014 QX60. I have taken it to the dealer twice now. The first time they told me that was a characteristic of the CVT and shooed me away. The second time they said there was nothing they could do, Infiniti wouldn't authorize them to make any repairs. I am going to call Infiniti Consumer Affairs and lodge an official complaint. They get one more opportunity to fix and then it's lemon law time I'm afraid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Question... How would you guys describe this shudder movement when it happens? My wife drives the car mainly so I wouldn't know if it did happen or not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Question... How would you guys describe this shudder movement when it happens? My wife drives the car mainly so I wouldn't know if it did happen or not.

Thanks!
It feels like the engine might stall and like the transmission is skipping or stuck between gears. Usually it happens when going 10-15 mph up an incline when you try to accelerate.

I talked to Infiniti Consumer Affairs over the last couple of days and they are going to escalate the issue and try and work something out with the dealer to get a plan set up to resolve the issue with our car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It feels like the engine might stall and like the transmission is skipping or stuck between gears. Usually it happens when going 10-15 mph up an incline when you try to accelerate.

I talked to Infiniti Consumer Affairs over the last couple of days and they are going to escalate the issue and try and work something out with the dealer to get a plan set up to resolve the issue with our car.
Thank you for the info! :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
This issue is frustrating so many QX60 and Pathfinder owners. I owned a 2013 Pathfinder, and had the shudder. I sold the car and bought a 2014 QX60 which had a bad shudder! They replaced the transmission about 2000 miles ago, but I have zero confidence the problem won't rear its ugly head again. I am fully prepared to lemon law the car if it happens again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Here is the latest update - Infiniti is sending a tech to my dealer and they are going to hook some sensors up to the car and try and reproduce the problem. This seems like an attempt for them to say "Well, we couldn't reproduce the problem so we aren't going to do anything". They are acting like they have no idea this is a widespread problem with these vehicles. I'll keep you guys posted on the results.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Question, does the shudder occur before the torque converter locks up? The CVT has an infinite ratio between the low gear and a high gear. However, the torque convert will slip from a dead stop until about 15 mph when it locks up. If you watch the tactometer when you accelerate you will see the RPM needle drop when the torque converter locks.

On mine this happens around 15 MPH. That is a pretty tall first gear. What happens in a standard when you try to start from a dead stop in second gear? Is that what you are experiencing?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Question, does the shudder occur before the torque converter locks up? The CVT has an infinite ratio between the low gear and a high gear. However, the torque convert will slip from a dead stop until about 15 mph when it locks up. If you watch the tactometer when you accelerate you will see the RPM needle drop when the torque converter locks.

On mine this happens around 15 MPH. That is a pretty tall first gear. What happens in a standard when you try to start from a dead stop in second gear? Is that what you are experiencing?
Interesting.. when I had this issue it was around 15 mph. It feels like chain slipping (best way to describe it that I could come up with). ... but somewhat similar to starting off in a second gear.

I noticed after my TCM was re-flashed that my gas mileage went up slightly and also that it 'shifted' from '1st' to '2nd' gear differently... but it doesn't shudder anymore.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This discussion about the torque converter makes me wonder if my problem with hesitation isn't a problem with the TQ too. The hesitation started after the new transmission was replaced. (which fixed the shudder). When the TMC was re-flashed, the hesitation was ok for about 2600 miles but started again. Do you think it could be the T converter? They have had my car for a week now with no word what they have or have not found. I told them to keep as long as they needed to get it fixed. My state requires that you give them 4 tries to fix it, giving a notice of "final attempt" on the fourth try. This will be my third attempt.

41 - 60 of 70 Posts