Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Wow, 7K? Mine isn't worth anything near that, my fingers are crossed I don't have to deal with a failed tranny.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Paid the $7022 to get it fixed then traded it in for a Santa Fe with a 10yr/100,000 mile power train warranty the very next weekend after getting it back from the shop. Only way I know to solve the problem. Talked to Infiniti and sent package referring to the class action lawsuit with absolutely no luck from Infiniti. Filed complaint with BBB too but nothing from them yet. Problem now is that I still have a 2019 QX60 and really can’t afford to buy another vehicle. So stuck with the 2019 for the time being.
????

Trying to follow your first post.

Did you own 2 QX60s - you fixed one and then sold it...and you still have a 2019?
If correct, what year was your first QX60 and how long did you own it?
Did you buy it new?
How many miles did you put on it before you experienced issues -- i.e., why not covered by the powertrain warranty?
What did you spend $7K to have done?
Did you experience any issues with the first one before you purchased the 2019?
Is your 2019 also experiencing issues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
????

Trying to follow your first post.

Did you own 2 QX60s - you fixed one and then sold it...and you still have a 2019?
If correct, what year was your first QX60 and how long did you own it?
Did you buy it new?
How many miles did you put on it before you experienced issues -- i.e., why not covered by the powertrain warranty?
What did you spend $7K to have done?
Did you experience any issues with the first one before you purchased the 2019?
Is your 2019 also experiencing issues?
Yes, I had two QX60s. One was 2014 Hybrid bought in 2016 from Infiniti dealer here in Huntsville, AL. It had 30k miles when I bought it. I bought the 2019 (with 5k miles) just about the time 2020s came out. We had NO problems whatsoever with the 2014 until Dec, 2020 when the transmission went out on the way to Nashville. It had 73K miles on it when it went out. It was out of warranty and I couldn’t get anything out of Infiniti like a goodwill warranty. Would NOT go and had the burnt rubber smell. Ended up getting it towed to the Infiniti dealer in Huntsville. They said it needed a new transmission to the tune of $7,000. Until then and after researching the problem, I had NO idea the Nissan/Infiniti transmissions had problems. Found a class action lawsuit that included 2014 QX60 but excluded the Hybrid. I traded the 2014 QX60 in for a new Santa Fe that has a 10yr/100k mile power train warranty the next weekend after getting it back from Infiniti service dept.
I called and talked to the Infiniti “Service” people twice for several minutes and got the run around. I’ve been trying to find something about the 2019 QX60 that states it’s been fixed and doesn’t have the problems the previous Nissans/Infiniti CVTs have (and how I ended up on this forum). The 2019 has only 20k miles on it and since I”m not seeing much, if anything, about the new QX60s, I assume it’s because they’ve not accumulated enough miles to have the problem. I filed a complaint with BBB but nothing other than a case # assigned has happened with it.
So far, the 2019 has not had any issues. I did not have any problems with the 2014 before purchasing the 2019. I would NOT have bought another Infiniti if I had problems earlier. I will NOT ever buy another Infiniti nor a Nissan. As far as I’m concerned, Nissan does NOT back their cars and if they think a transmission that has been serviced at the local Infiniti dealer should go out at 73k miles, they don’t need my business. In my opinion, the fact they got rid of the CVT for the 2022 year QX60 validates what we all know anyway. I had planned on keeping the 2019 for at least 5 years but now thinking about my options. I’ll probably end up looking at the Palidade, Telleride, and CX-9. Hope this answers your questions. Didn’t think about anybody responding to my reply since I was repling. Just happen to see it while still trying to find something about the 2019 QX60 CVT. I need to find out if it’s the SAME CVT as previous CVTs or has it been fixed? I’m telecommuting so not driving it much so may keep it another 10,000 miles (30k total) then do something. If you or anybody on this forum knows the real/true answer, I sure would appreciate it. And when I say “fixed”, I’m not talking about a supposed software fix. It needed a stronger, better belt and the heat handled better. So to fix it, would have required a hardware fix. Thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Thanks for the additional detail, and I agree Nissan sucks for not standing behind their products/transmissions. Unfortunately there are tons of similar examples from other manufacturers. Nissan is giving up on CVT's given their latest QX60 has a regular transmission.

My '13 hasn't had any problems, yet (140k)... But there's been so many Nissan-tranny problems I wouldn't be surprised if this happens to mine, basically scrapping it.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yes, around 2015 the transmission valve body was redesigned, and is typically what causes the transmission fail. The valve body controls all hydraulics the operate the torque converters and conical pulleys in the CVT. So when it malfunctions, the CVT does not shift correctly. After the redesign, the CVT became much more reliable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello my wife and I are looking at getting a 2018 qx60 but found a link last night about CVT's may not be the most reliable and consumer reports does not give the QX60 high marks in reliability. As I keep my cars for a long time I want to make sure that I get one that is going to last through normal everyday driving. My concerns have me looking at Lexus even though I really like the QX60. Thanks in Advance.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts