Company: Geico
Coverage: 50-100-50
Comprehensive: 500
Collision: 500
Additional Car: 1
Drivers: 2

6 Months Premium for QX60: $340
6 Months Premium total: $530

IMHO, QX60 is a cheap car to insure, probably due to the safety feature?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Company: StateFarm
Coverage: 50-100-50
Comprehensive: 250
Collision: 1000
Additional Car: 0

6 Months Premium for QX60: $450

·
Registered
160 Posts
Geico sucks (I had a bad experience w/ them raising rates when we moved once, so I just permanently dislike them now LOL) but my insurance agent, who also happens to now be a good friend of mine that I golf with in the summer, told me that now days new or newer vehicles are no longer more expensive to insure like they were back when I was younger. so yes, you are correct about the safety features. I was surprised to not see my rates jump up when I bought my QX60 as well.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Company: USAA
Coverage: 100-300-100
Comprehensive: 500
Collision: 500
Additional Car: 1

6 Months Premium for QX60: $410

·
Registered
1 Posts
Those safety features also cost more to replace when someone hits you! (Sure, you say their insurance is going to pay for it, assuming they have insurance, but their insurance pays for it with premiums from their policyholders!! Also, if they are both insured with the same company then your premiums help indirectly pay for your car/injuries/rental anyways).

The cost to repair newer vehicles is rising and so is the cost of the medical treatment. With the addition of import tariffs, all the parts made overseas (cameras, sensors, etc) will also cost more to import to fix the vehicle. As a result, insurers must raise rates. Most rates are based on a certain location, the likelihood for an accident to happen there and the amount of money paid for that location (probably why the rate changed for the person who moved). Insurance companies collect data of accident severity by very specific location. If accidents in that location start costing more, then you pay more to cover them! If there are more “catastrophic” claims, rates go up to cover them all (hail, flood, tornado, hurricane, etc). Since the cost to repair the car, and injury payments are increasing, then premiums increase also.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Those safety features also cost more to replace when someone hits you! ...
I actually think safety features cut down on my chances of getting into a wreck. The beeping has saved my butt a number of times from ramming the person in front of me.

Sure, someone can still hit you, but safety feature standards are increasing across all vehicles.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually think safety features cut down on my chances of getting into a wreck. The beeping has saved my butt a number of times from ramming the person in front of me.

Sure, someone can still hit you, but safety feature standards are increasing across all vehicles.
Same here, for me, the rear back up brake and lane departure saved me multiple times....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts