Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellas-
I have a 2015 QX60 with about 2000 miles on it. Almost new.

Over the last few weeks i have observed that car wobbles a little more than usual at lower speeds specially on uneven roads. At higher speeds I can't say. Took it to the dealership in Bay area and the technician said thats how the suspension is on these QX60's. Weird. They adjusted tire pressure but that didn't help. I feel there is something else going on with the car. Have an appointment scheduled with the dealership again next week but just wanted to check with a broader community if they have faced similar issues and what could be be cause ?

Appreciate your time. Thanks !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Since you're in the Bay Area, is there any chance you can take it to the Livermore/Dublin dealership? I live in Reno and when we had the dreaded shudder issue with our 2014, a mastertech drove out from that dealership. Very satisfied. he told me that his location was the training facility for the western states and have alot more tools and knowledge than most dealerships especially smaller ones. I have no ill will towards my local dealership but they just don't have the volume here in Reno, maybe a dozen cars sold a month? They rely alot on the Main Tech Line for troubleshooting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So here is update on the issue I mentioned a few months back :

The dealership ran some diagnostics after repeated complaining . The result came back with P17F1 failed. This is a well known issue with transmission shuddering at lower speeds.
They replaced the transmission valve body assembly ( not sure what that means ). I have had the car back for 3 days, it drives better but I still feel the shudder.
Taking it back again.
I am working with a reputed dealership in Redwood City, California and they are helpful but it is hard to reproduce the issue in one 10 minute test drive.
Regretting my decision on buying this car.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
That is a very good dealership and they will take care of you. If you can't get the shutter re-produced on city roads, see if you can take the technician on a ride up in Woodside. Many of the roads are windy enough where you could re-produce the shutter. Better yet, see if you can reproduce the shutter on a specific road and following the same speeds and braking procedure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts