Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 7 years old sad wipers were smearing rather than clearing water, and with a roadtrip in the next few days I needed replacements. I originally planned to buy "silicone" blades but they seem to be around ~30 each. They're supposed to last forever, but cost and lack of options changed my mind.

I ended up at Walmart and bought Rain-x Expert Fit Beam blades. For about $10 each, they were easy to install and sound nice as they sweep the windshield.

For Reference: 26 Inch do the driver and 17 Inch for the passenger.

Hope this helps the do-it-yourself crowd.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm a fan of the RainX Latitude myself on my Nissan. I'll probably do the same with my QX60.
Are Latitude blades yellow? Rain X has a 2 in 1 with yellow blades that looked cool, but thought yellow-blades sweeping back and forth be distracting.

·
Registered
164 Posts
interesting note about wiper blades that happened to me recently.... about 1.5 months after purchasing my 2015, the passenger side blade literally sheared off of the arm while driving my daughter to preschool. Luckily was right around the corner from the dealership I purchased from so I stopped in after I dropped her off. Basically the WHOLE blade broke off where it attached to the arm. Neither myself nor the tech had EVER seen anything like it. We discovered that it was an aftermarket brand blade and not the OEM Infiniti ones (which I don't really think made much difference). Anyway, he put an OEM Infiniti blade back on and I was on my way. Just a really bizarre wiper-related story that I thought I'd share on this thread LOL

·
Registered
198 Posts
Do the non OEM wipers lift the wiper (make them A bit more visible) from driving position?

I had replaced OEM wipers in my Murano with Bosch’s but didn’t like how they appear slightly more than the OEMs. OEM wipers used to tuck away when not in use. Later I found out that I could have replaced only the blades (inserts) instead of the whole wiper. Hence I would prefer to install the inserts.

Wondering what others have done. Has anyone installed the inserts? Do you have part number and website where you purchased yours? Thanks!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Recently bought the below from Amazon:

Rain-X 5079281-2 Latitude 2-in-1 Water Repellency Wiper Blade - 26-inches $15.27
Rain-X 5079283-2 Latitude 2-in-1 Water Repellency Wiper Blade - 17-inches $17.89

Work just fine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts