Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in a dilemma between getting 235/55/20 winter tires and using my OEM 20" rims vs buying a set of 18" aftermarket rims with 235/65/18 winter tires.

Due to a personal preference I'm leaning towards the 20". What do you guys think?

FYI getting a crazy deal on 20" winter tires and brings down my cost to half of 18" rims and tires

·
Registered
132 Posts
Those are some great tire sizes and at that point, i'd say if you like how 20's look... go for it.
You will obviously save money going for 18's over 20's but it is a one time investment (at least for the wheels) so, that's also something to look into.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Get what you like. The car with any winter tires will perform really well. I lean toward smaller wheels for winter just because you're more likely to slide into a curb in winter, even with winter tires. A light curb bump with the extra sidewall of a tire on a smaller wheel is just a little more likely to survive w/out punishing your wheels.

All that said, on my Q50, I'm using 18" wheels instead of the stock 17"s because I got a great deal on a set of wheels off an FX and Bridgestone has a nice new Blizzak tire for the 18's. Plus, I like the look of the 18's and I drive more miles on my winter tires than I do the summer ones.

All things being equal, I'd use the smaller wheels for winter on the QX60, but as you say, things aren't equal in your scenario. No matter what, winter tires will kick butt.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Hass_r,

I went with 20" Chrome rims (cheapest cost with a descent look) and Toyo Observe winter tires, 235/55/20.

Add a pic when you make your decision. I have posted a pic of my JX last year. Feel free to search for it or let me know and I can re-upload it.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts