Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for winter tires? I am in Boston, and plan to get a dedicated set of 18" (or even 17", assuming those clear the brakes) wheels. I drove small german RWD cars on Blizzaks for the past 15 years, so don't really have a frame of reference for big cars. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been running Yokohama Geolandar 235/55-20 on Murano wheels. Before that I've had Blizzak LM-22/LM-25 and Pirelli Scorpio on my CX-9, and also LM-25 and Pirelli Sottozero on my other cars. No doubt, there's a great improvement over all-seasons, but you'd have to compare them side by side to tell the differences between different winter tires. I personally prefer 'performance winter' over 'snow' tires, as I drive a lot of highway miles, but your individual situation may be different. I never had any winter Michelins, so cannot comment on them. My overall impression of Michelins is that you can't go wrong, but it'll cost you a little more. Good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been running Yokohama Geolandar 235/55-20 on Murano wheels. Before that I've had Blizzak LM-22/LM-25 and Pirelli Scorpio on my CX-9, and also LM-25 and Pirelli Sottozero on my other cars. No doubt, there's a great improvement over all-seasons, but you'd have to compare them side by side to tell the differences between different winter tires. I personally prefer 'performance winter' over 'snow' tires, as I drive a lot of highway miles, but your individual situation may be different. I never had any winter Michelins, so cannot comment on them. My overall impression of Michelins is that you can't go wrong, but it'll cost you a little more. Good luck!
Thanks! BTW, if I went on ebay in search of used wheels, would wheels from Pathfinder or Murano work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's been a while since I did my research. IIRC, the Pathfinder wheels should be direct fit. Murano uses different style lug nuts - acorn vs. mag type on QX60. I had to purchase new lug nuts and make sure that they can fit on with the proper number of turns - the length of thread covered by the nut should be equal or more than the thread diameter. So for M12-1.25 thread you need 12/1.25 = 9.6 turns. Mine are on with just over 10, if I remember correctly, after proper torque is applied. No spacer or centering rings. I'll upload some photos if I can find them...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's been a while since I did my research. IIRC, the Pathfinder wheels should be direct fit. Murano uses different style lug nuts - acorn vs. mag type on QX60. I had to purchase new lug nuts and make sure that they can fit on with the proper number of turns - the length of thread covered by the nut should be equal or more than the thread diameter. So for M12-1.25 thread you need 12/1.25 = 9.6 turns. Mine are on with just over 10, if I remember correctly, after proper torque is applied. No spacer or centering rings. I'll upload some photos if I can find them...
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts