Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm brining up a previous item on both forums. Has anyone found an aftermarket wind deflector that fits the QX60 or JX35? As noted previously there are several companies that sell these deflectors but I've yet heard from anyone that has installed one on their car.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had a deflector on my Jeep (previous car) for 14 years. If you get the right one, it will enhance the look of the car. Also, if you get an ugly one, it will increase the ugliness of your car.

I'm also keeping my eye out for a deflector in hopes of improving the look of my JX.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We had one on our Armada, Murano, ML and current Rogue. They worked great and looked good. It is amazing how much noise they cut out also. I'm going to measure the opening and see what aftermarket product might fit and will post what I come up with if I purchase one. They are pretty easy to install. Can't figure out why Nissan omitted it on the JX and QX60. They've got it for the new Rogue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I swore by the AVS brand on my previous Jeep and Pilot. Can't find them for the QX although they are available for the Pathfinder. Sent company note, but haven't heard back.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a wind deflector on my old Acura MDX. Worked great until it was cracked in half in a car wash due to high wind from the the air dryers (got under it and lifted it up). If you take your car through automatic washes, watch out!

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let us know what you find out. I really want one for the JX. We just purchased the 2014 Nissan Rogue and installed one. It makes a huge difference.

If AVS makes one for the Pathfinder, it should fit the QX/JX models.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm wanting weathertech window deflectors, but don't see any. I noticed that weathertech does have it for the new pathfinders, but just for the rear. Not any option for the front. Looks like they are in the process though.

If you go to an OEM Nissan shop, they have window deflectors for the new pathfinders as well. I am debating to purchase, but would like to confirm if it's like weathertech, where they mount in the window channel, vice a 3m adhesive on the outside. Plus, I'd like to know it will 100% fit..

Edit: here is the link...

http://parts.nissanusa.com/nissanpa...on=accessories&jointvehid=17724&catalogid=211

It looks like it is an adhesive stick on. I'll think about it. Really want this option.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I had a wind deflector on my old Acura MDX. Worked great until it was cracked in half in a car wash due to high wind from the the air dryers (got under it and lifted it up). If you take your car through automatic washes, watch out!
Disregard...I'm talking hood protector, you're talking side window wind deflector. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts