Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will Mags of 5x114.3 - FRONT: 20"x8.5" BACK: 20"x9.5" fit 2017 QX60?

Will Mags of 5x114.3 - FRONT: 20"x8.5" BACK: 20"x9.5" fit 2017 QX60? Are there any drawbacks to different sizes like that?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Why would you do that on this car? Why not square? That's the right bolt pattern, and offset shouldn't be too big an issue since these cars don't have big brakes. But staggered fitment is almost certain to mean a variation in tire circumference. I haven't seen anyone do that on a QX60, but I know on an AWD Q50 a variation of more than 3-5% in circumference will cause AWD issues. My guess would be there's more room for error in this car than on a 400hp sedan, but not sure. And either way, what's the point? Pick the width you want and go with it all around. If you want fronts or backs to stick out more, then put on a spacer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why would you do that on this car? Why not square? That's the right bolt pattern, and offset shouldn't be too big an issue since these cars don't have big brakes. But staggered fitment is almost certain to mean a variation in tire circumference. I haven't seen anyone do that on a QX60, but I know on an AWD Q50 a variation of more than 3-5% in circumference will cause AWD issues. My guess would be there's more room for error in this car than on a 400hp sedan, but not sure. And either way, what's the point? Pick the width you want and go with it all around. If you want fronts or backs to stick out more, then put on a spacer.
It's because I had a deal on this set that so I was considering it. If it may cause performance issues with AWD then nevermind. Anyhow, I found the following which I'll be going to see this week.

Vossen VVS-CV4 20" 5 x 114.3 with Nitto NT420S 255/45/20

Sweet looking wheels with decent set of tires. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Vossen makes nice wheels. I really like the looks of the CVT ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's because I had a deal on this set that so I was considering it. If it may cause performance issues with AWD then nevermind. Anyhow, I found the following which I'll be going to see this week.

Vossen VVS-CV4 20" 5 x 114.3 with Nitto NT420S 255/45/20

Sweet looking wheels with decent set of tires. :)
That's a lot of rubber for the QX60 I would think. I love the look of a 20" but when you start to get real wide I can imagine you are going to have some rubbing going on. From what I have found it looks like a 9" is as wide as you can go on a 20" with a 235/55R20 tire. Otherwise you may have issues with the electronics on the QX that is looking for either an 18" or a 20" wheel. This post http://www.infinitiqx60.org/forum/2...ssion-forum/80105-22-x-10-5-rim-will-fit.html has some real good info in it.

The local dealer has a QX trade with wide ass 20" wheels and you can see the rub mark. I suspect that the offset is wrong for what the guy put on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts