Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering buying the Infiniti QX60 Hybrid but want to make sure if I get it that I will not regret making the purchase. To start, I know it have a supercharged 2.5-liter four cylinder engine, electric motor and a small battery pack. MPG rating is at 26 MPG's combined (not impressive), with the regenerative braking system we can expect to get more.

WHY should I buy the QX60 Hybrid over other 2014 Hybrid SUV's?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Since it's a hybrid I would of expected a little more mpgs than just 26. Supercharger? Haven't seen those used for a while. Every body has been in the turbo craze. I wonder if the supercharger had anything to do with the low mpgs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I was contemplating on getting a hybrid not for a big suv although it would make sense. Is this the kind of numbers that an suv hybrid goes for in terms of miles per gallon. Isn't that a low number.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since it's a hybrid I would of expected a little more mpgs than just 26. Supercharger? Haven't seen those used for a while. Every body has been in the turbo craze. I wonder if the supercharger had anything to do with the low mpgs.
Well Audi is starting to use superchargers again on some of their vehicles. Surprised me since they were always about turbo and turbo diesels.

Are supercharger more efficient than turbochargers?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well Audi is starting to use superchargers again on some of their vehicles. Surprised me since they were always about turbo and turbo diesels.

Really hard to say they are both just as efficient and geared towards performance too. Really depends on how you tune it though.

·
Registered
132 Posts

superchargers give you a more consistent increase of power over turbochargers, which can be a big plus.

·
Registered
295 Posts
superchargers give you a more consistent increase of power over turbochargers, which can be a big plus.
Thanks for that explination.... now i can see how well that will work for stop and go city driving. Looking forward to test driving a QX60 hybrid.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
This vehicle is going to be different from the M hybrd and Q50 hybrid. Those cars are really tuned for performance. 360hp in a car is amazing. In the case of those two cars, the hybrids actually out-perform the gas. In the case of the QX60, I expect performance to be pretty much the same as the gasser. There may be a small difference in low-speed torque/acceleration however. The hybrid electric engine gives you torque from zero rpms, which should give you a little boost off the line. Also, a supercharger gives boost at lower rpms (unlike turbochargers which rely on exhaust gasses to spin-up).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts