Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2015 QX - Despite pushing climate button and insuring both front and rear ac is not on and not using Auto climate control, It feels like a/c is still on. Does A/C kick in based on temperature selection? If it is 18 degrees outside and I have temp set at 20 degrees why is a/c still on? It seem to go off only when there is a larger temp spread between outside and interior temp. Does anyone else experience this? Is there a setting to take a/c off when it is not that warm outside? Defrost is not on either. Thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm actually wondering the same thing... It's been in the 40F here in the morning and I have my temp set about 67F. When I get into work, I still see a puddle under where the condenser is. So is the AC still on!?

·
Registered
663 Posts
I can hear the compressor kick on/off, and it seems to stay off when I turn off the AC seats and un-select AC in the climate window.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
This is a weird thing with the current set up. There is a way to force AC off, but it is not intuitive.

You're on the right track. Hit the "climate" button to bring up climate controls on the screen. Even if the AC feature is not illuminated, you have to first press it to turn it on, then again to force it off. Other than completely shutting off the HVAC system, this is the only way I've found to force AC off. The good news is you can first set the "Auto" button and temp. Then shut off AC and it will still function in auto mode.

Now, once you've shut it off, if you cycle through the Auto button (on/off/on), then AC will come back on.

Yes, it is weird. No, IMO it should not work like this. We have other buttons that are completely useless. Why not turn one of them into an old-fashioned AC button so users can easily see whether AC is on or off. It saves gas to shut it off, and it keeps you from having condensation sit in the system creating mildew and/or dripping on the floor of your garage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This is a weird thing with the current set up. There is a way to force AC off, but it is not intuitive.

You're on the right track. Hit the "climate" button to bring up climate controls on the screen. Even if the AC feature is not illuminated, you have to first press it to turn it on, then again to force it off. Other than completely shutting off the HVAC system, this is the only way I've found to force AC off. The good news is you can first set the "Auto" button and temp. Then shut off AC and it will still function in auto mode.

Now, once you've shut it off, if you cycle through the Auto button (on/off/on), then AC will come back on.

Yes, it is weird. No, IMO it should not work like this. We have other buttons that are completely useless. Why not turn one of them into an old-fashioned AC button so users can easily see whether AC is on or off. It saves gas to shut it off, and it keeps you from having condensation sit in the system creating mildew and/or dripping on the floor of your garage.
I agree, it's really annoying that it's two button clicks to turn off the A/C that climate button is completely useless IMHO. The climate button should just say A/C and be an on/off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts