Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Today I wash my car and after that found lot of small white spots on all door B-Pillars gloss trims. White spots about 0.5-1mm size but there are a lot of them (see attached pictures). My car is just 2.5 month old but already looks sucks because of that. I washed my car about 4 times by itself. I have no idea what is this and what I have to do. On attached pictures from microscope (about 100x) white spots looks like a micro damages and I guess that it is from water.
Hand Plant Window Automotive mirror Vehicle door

Water Sky Purple Lighting Automotive lighting

Marine invertebrates Jellyfish Bioluminescence Circle Sky

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hearing that it’s also on the lights (which is an unpainted plastic surface) makes me think it’s tree sap or some other foreign substance. May be worth trying a bug and tar remover product and seeing if that works.
Either way, good luck - nothing worse than an issue on your new car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hearing that it’s also on the lights (which is an unpainted plastic surface) makes me think it’s tree sap or some other foreign substance. May be worth trying a bug and tar remover product and seeing if that works.
Either way, good luck - nothing worse than an issue on your new car
I don't think that it can be any foreign substance because damages goes inside the plastic but not bulges on its surface. Dealership tried everything and then decided to replace the pillars..now just waiting for parts. They claims that it was sprayed some chemicals that damaged surface. But I didn't use any chemicals other than tap water. And I remember that when I bought a car it was several big white spots on one back light. I thought that they just badly wiped the car after washing and these stains will be easily go off. After 2 months, a huge number of small white dots appeared on this light and I found that there was a crack in the center of the large white spots. Therefore, I am sure that the car was exposed by chemicals before purchase. But on the other hand, if they treated a cars by some chemicals then the problems would not only be on my car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts