Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My QX60 is coming up on 3000 miles.

We are planning a roadtrip in spring and it might be easily a 2000 mile trip. I am wondering if I should worry about any oil changes needed during the trip (closer to the 5000 mile mark) or if I can wait for until after the trip to do that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
My QX60 is coming up on 3000 miles.

We are planning a roadtrip in spring and it might be easily a 2000 mile trip. I am wondering if I should worry about any oil changes needed during the trip (closer to the 5000 mile mark) or if I can wait for until after the trip to do that.

Thanks!
I believe the standard interval is 5000 miles, but our dealer gave us a complimentary first oil change at 3,750 (severe service schedule). Based on your scenario, I would be inclined to change the oil prior to the trip.

·
Registered
663 Posts
According to this handy-dandy PDF, oil changes occur between 3,750 and 7,500 miles depending on which schedule you follow.

Linky

I've been subconsciously suckered into changing my oil on the lower side even though I logically know the motors will easily last 300k miles against Schedule 2.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I change mine every 3750 miles....small price to pay for a high performance engine. I asked the service tech about using synthetic oil, and he said regular oil is just fine as long as you change it at regular intervals.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You are breaking in a new engine, so do the first oil change between 3000-3750 miles and have the dealer fully inspect the vehicle and check everything including the alignment, then every 5000-6000 there after.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I understand it's 5000 miles for the 2016. I'm probably going to change mine sooner (we only have 30 miles so far, so not an immediate item). I switched to synthetic in my Wrangler a while back and have been trying to get in for a change every 4-5 months or 3750 to 4250 miles. Have been told by my mechanic that its really not necessary to change that frequently, but I try to keep my vehicles a long time.

On my QX, there is a setting that you can do that let's you set a reminder interval for each of oil, filter and tire rotation. When we took delivery, they set these for 5K, 5K and 3.5K, respectively.

While I have you, what tires did Infiniti provide on your QX? Looked like most on the lot were Toyo but ours came with Bridgestones.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I understand it's 5000 miles for the 2016. I'm probably going to change mine sooner (we only have 30 miles so far, so not an immediate item). I switched to synthetic in my Wrangler a while back and have been trying to get in for a change every 4-5 months or 3750 to 4250 miles. Have been told by my mechanic that its really not necessary to change that frequently, but I try to keep my vehicles a long time.

On my QX, there is a setting that you can do that let's you set a reminder interval for each of oil, filter and tire rotation. When we took delivery, they set these for 5K, 5K and 3.5K, respectively.

While I have you, what tires did Infiniti provide on your QX? Looked like most on the lot were Toyo but ours came with Bridgestones.
Mine came with Michelin Latitude Tour in MD. Production date was 10/2015.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all - I called Infiniti and they were here or there. I didnt want to take a chance (esp. with my first service) and so have setup an appt to get it done. My car should be at 3000 miles almost exactly when I go there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I average ~30K/yr on it. Bought it in July 2012 so it's getting up there. But so far a great rig/no complaints....

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can always map out where you're driving and dealers where you'd want to get your oil changed at since its always best to get it done when required rather than wait, oil is important and making sure you're on top of it will put the odds of having a an engine free of problems more in your favor.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts