Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
So I have noticed after my TCM was re-flashed to fix the shudder issue (which has disappeared), I have noticed 'slightly' worse gas mileage and a little bit more discrepancy between computer and actuals.

I just filled up today and got about 9.75 L / 100km = 24.1 mpg whereas the computer is showing the same as always at about 9.2 L / 100km = 25.5 mpg. I think it is getting more city driving recently which could be the cause but I have a feeling the re-flash had something to do with it. Still way better mileage than my 06 M35 lol

('14 QX60 currently at 19,5xx kms = ~12,xxx miles) and had the re-flash done about ~1,000 kms (~600 miles) ago.

· Registered
323 Posts
According to Fuelly.com the average fuel economy of the 2014 QX60 is around 21-22 mpg.

if you haven't checked out that site, it is worth a look.

Infiniti QX60 Mileage | Fuelly
Great reference, fuelly is one of the main sources I check for information like that, along with checking a forum like this one here to see what owners report.

· Registered
136 Posts
Another couple of months of driving after the TCM flash and my mileage is slightly worse now.

Two possible reasons could be winter driving and more city driving lately. Highway mpg still seems same as before.

Last fill up was approx 530km out of 59L. (approx 21.2 mpg whereas onboard computer shows 23 mpg)

· Registered
10 Posts
I have averaged 12.3L/100 km (19.1 mpg (US)) since I bought the car (new) in July (~11,000 km). Most of my driving is commute to from/office and with the crap traffic we deal with in the Toronto/Markham area, my average speed ranges between 40 - 45 km/hr (24-28 mph), so this stop and go eats into my mileage. Just did a road trip to Montreal over Christmas and my highway mileage was better ranged between 10.0 and 10.7 L/10 km (22.1 - 23.2 mpg), at hwy speeds averaging 105-115 kmh (65-71 mph).

All the mileage calculations stated above are worked out on a spreadsheet and do not match the vehicle's calculated mileage, which comes in to date at about 88% the calculated rate (e.g., if car says 8.8 L/100 km, the actual value (calculated as km driven/litres of fuel next fill-up) is 10.0 L/100 km).

I only use regular gas as well by the way.

· Registered
6 Posts
I have a AWD, got it just about 4 wk ago, has about 750 miles on it, mileage is mostly suburban street commute, and some free way ( but not much, about 20% the most), so far I am averaging 17.5 MPG. hope it will improve a bit more after the engine break in.
Does anyone know if the cross bar make any significant difference in mileage at all? My QX 60 comes with it and I don't really need it for now. Should I take it off?
any input is appreciated

· Registered
226 Posts
My experience was that for the first 2000-3000 miles things are pretty variable. Mileage definitely got better after that. Just drive it and stop caring so much. (-; More important things to worry about.

The cross bars will make no measurable difference. Especially in the city. Do check your tire pressures, however. If they are 10% low you will get no warning lights but mpg will be worse.

· Registered
38 Posts
Hey all, 1100 miles into my QX60, eco mode the whole time and I do about 90% freeway driving (about 1/2 mile to/from freeway onramp to home and work) Always get on freeway and set cruise at 75mph. Surface streets have 25mph speed limit.

So far getting 23.5MPG.

· Registered
2 Posts
About a Thousand miles into my 2016 over 2 months still showing about 12. I live in NYC and most of it is either side streets and fairly busy highway. Still, this is worse than I expected.

I am taking a trip to Vermont in a couple of days and will reset the counter to see what I get on the highway.

I am hoping it gets better around the city. Also- is the average mpg on the info screen on the dash supposed to match what is on the big screen?

Otherwise- i am new to the forum and hoping to reach the mpg of what others are posting. I am using premium only but wish I could go the lower regular- car is a bit new so I dont want to risk anything going wrong- it is a lease.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.