Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm days away from buying a QX60 or JX35, I've test driven one and that drive convinced me to buy the a QX60/JX35. Right now for the options I'm wanting, I can find a 2013 JX35 with 33K miles for about 29k. I've also found a 2014 QX60 with 58K miles for roughly the same price. My understanding is there isn't much of a difference between 2013 and 2014, so I'm leaning towards the JX35. The one caveat is that except when I have my kids, I don't put a lot of miles on my car. Between working from home and having a park-n-ride about a mile away, my 2010 Camaro has just over 44k miles on it, and I bought it used with around 3k.

When I go look at the actual cars at the dealers, anything in particular I should look for? I know about the transmission shudder issue.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Make sure the car you buy has Navi and the around view monitor. Don't buy a cheap, strippy one. You won't be able to stream music via bluetooth, and the 4 cameras make it a much better car (plus the strippy one has a crap stereo).

Otherwise, IMO the car is worth more if it has the Driver Assistance package (look for the button on the right side of the steering wheel with the bullseye on it).

JX vs. QX? Not a lot of difference. Most of the cars you see out there should be in the high 20's to low 30's. Just pick the one you like best.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sinecure is absolutely right about not buying the base model. Definitely spend a little bit extra time and money to get an upgraded model.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
I agree, get the most options you can afford. I spend a ton of time in mine so the features/amenities defiantly help.

The JX will benefit from the older less problem-prone tranny, but the QX may have a new tranny. Also, the older will benefit from more depreciation on a vehicle that should last 250k miles.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Striped QX60 vs loaded

If I don't care about the crappy stereo or the Bluetooth streaming, the base QX60 without any package is still a good deal?
I'm looking one with 28K miles 2016 for 31K USD, one owner, no accidents. what do you think?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't think so myself.

I knew I wanted this car after much research into 3rd row seating options. When I went to the dealer to test drive, I test drove a basic model with nothing. To me, Bluetooth is very important, so when it became obvious there was no way to do Bluetooth streaming, I started to notice the other issues with the basic package, and I knew right away I would not be happy for several years in such a car.

Went with this one instead, which has a few of the packages, and I'm very happy. I only wish I had gotten the pano sunroof. But I got a good deal so I can't complain really.

·
Registered
24 Posts
At that price point you may be better buying a loaded Pathfinder than a used base model Infiniti

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
At that price point you may be better buying a loaded Pathfinder than a used base model Infiniti

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Sure, if features are more important to you than looks and other benefits.

I struggled to make that decision when I was in the market, it was tough to justify the huge cost difference QX and PF, at the end it came down to two things, how long am I planing to keep the vehicle and will I be able to afford it. Once I honestly answered those it was easy decision and no regrets to pay extra to get what I wanted.

·
Registered
250 Posts
But you're talking about something else entirely. OP is asking about a specific base model QX60 over a well appointed PF at the same price. If you choose the QX60 you're saying you prefer the status symbol of the Infiniti over the comfort of the added features in the PF. Fully loaded PF will have cooled seats in front and heated seats in rear, wrap around cameras, pano sunroof, TVs, bluetooth streaming, and navigation. All of those contribute to a more enjoyable ride and overall experience. Base QX60 won't have any of what I mentioned, but will have that nice Infiniti logo in the grill. Of course, if you can pay more, go for the equivalent package in a QX60 over the same package on a PF. But it makes no sense to go bare QX60 over loaded PF.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I don't know if I consider that a great deal right now. For comparison, my dealership is selling a 2015 QX60 with 36K miles, CPO warranty, and Driver Assistance Package (my #1 favorite option on this car) for $35,995. I think that's a much better deal, if you can afford it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
****, that makes me think I got one excellent deal on my 2014, which has the same exact features as that 2015 from the looks of it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
But you're talking about something else entirely. OP is asking about a specific base model QX60 over a well appointed PF at the same price. If you choose the QX60 you're saying you prefer the status symbol of the Infiniti over the comfort of the added features in the PF. Fully loaded PF will have cooled seats in front and heated seats in rear, wrap around cameras, pano sunroof, TVs, bluetooth streaming, and navigation. All of those contribute to a more enjoyable ride and overall experience. Base QX60 won't have any of what I mentioned, but will have that nice Infiniti logo in the grill. Of course, if you can pay more, go for the equivalent package in a QX60 over the same package on a PF. But it makes no sense to go bare QX60 over loaded PF.
I read the original post again, there is no mention of PF. OP wants to decide between JX35 and QX60, and that is the vehicle he wants, what did I miss?

·
Registered
250 Posts
OP didn't mention a PF. Someone else did. I'm agreeing with them. It may be that OP doesn't know just how similar these two vehicles are, or is not aware of the feature/price disparity between the two of them. It may be that now OP looks at a fully loaded PF and chooses that instead of a barebones JX or QX.

·
Registered
204 Posts
OP didn't mention a PF. Someone else did. I'm agreeing with them. It may be that OP doesn't know just how similar these two vehicles are, or is not aware of the feature/price disparity between the two of them. It may be that now OP looks at a fully loaded PF and chooses that instead of a barebones JX or QX.
:) there is whole a lot of may be up there... let me add one more... may be he did compare the two and he didn't care about PF and only wanted to see his options between JX and QX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Make sure the car you buy has Navi and the around view monitor. Don't buy a cheap, strippy one. You won't be able to stream music via bluetooth, and the 4 cameras make it a much better car (plus the strippy one has a crap stereo).

Otherwise, IMO the car is worth more if it has the Driver Assistance package (look for the button on the right side of the steering wheel with the bullseye on it).

JX vs. QX? Not a lot of difference. Most of the cars you see out there should be in the high 20's to low 30's. Just pick the one you like best.
The technology and features is what is making it hard to find what I'm looking for. Really my question is about mileage, all things equal, would 60k miles be more worrisome vs. 30k. It appears the differences between JX35 and QX60 are fairly limited and just small changes you see in the same generation car.

:) there is whole a lot of may be up there... let me add one more... may be he did compare the two and he didn't care about PF and only wanted to see his options between JX and QX.
Exactly, since I'm going to be giving up power, it is time I get more luxury and technology to go with the luxury. I'm going to be a few months short of having owned at least one Camaro or another for 20 years when I buy this new to me car.

Also my crazy ex drives an xTerra and just looking at the PF body style pisses me off at this point. With what I spent on lawyers, I could buy a brand new QX60 with every option and still have money left over.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Well, we have 4 years 60,000 mile warranty. So I would say it is a significant difference to getting a car with half warranty life vs expired warranty. I purchased mine used at 41K miles. Took it to the dealer recently for two open recalls and full inspection. Turns out I had a ball bearing that was falling apart and some o-ring issues with my A/C system. Changed under warranty at no expense to me. So there's some concern if you're buying near or past warranty mileage because if something is or goes wrong with your car, it'll be on your dime.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Certified Pre-Owned.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts