Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here so I don't quite know how to word it all.

For a month or so I have notice that my fans aren't turning to cool the engine yet nothing is overheating. I know I have coolant going through. As the car sits at an idle, you hear this knocking noise as if something is rumbling inside. Changed my oil not too long ago and the guy says he thinks it's a pulley. I told him I believe it's the AC Compressor. Could anyone, someone HELP solve my mystery. Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fans are electric, run off a temp sensor. No idea what the sound is, or whether it is normal or not. AC is belt driven-if the noise is abnormal and related to the belt, could be AC or the idler pulley that keeps the belt taught. Power steering is electric too, some folks have complain it is noisy...haven’t noticed it on mine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now that you say that, I'm going to look at the idler. I'm not hard on cars yet I do test their limits. How would I know if anything on the AC is trash or if he idler is loose?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its starts off as how the engine sounds yet this guy video he's in the correct area of hearing it. The car was purchased early days of this year. I shouldn't have a problem going so soon.

·
Registered
422 Posts
How old is it? If less than 4 years and 60k miles, Infiniti will fix for free under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts