Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2017 for my wife and need to get some tint on the side windows. Wa State law is 35% but rarely enforced. The windows appear to have tint on them and I'd like to get the same % percent as the factory, so was thinking either 25 or 30% would do the trick but unsure. Any suggestions and/or pics would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 for my wife and need to get some tint on the side windows. Wa State law is 35% but rarely enforced. The windows appear to have tint on them and I'd like to get the same % percent as the factory, so was thinking either 25 or 30% would do the trick but unsure. Any suggestions and/or pics would be appreciated.
I'll take a picture tomorrow. I have 30% and it's lighter than the rear. I believe the rear is about 20%. However I did add Llumar's Airblue 80% all around other than the front side windows. I'd like it darker than 30% but don't want to attract too much attention. I think 20% would get you to match.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'll take a picture tomorrow. I have 30% and it's lighter than the rear. I believe the rear is about 20%. However I did add Llumar's Airblue 80% all around other than the front side windows. I'd like it darker than 30% but don't want to attract too much attention. I think 20% would get you to match.
Here is one I snapped this morning as my wife left. The rear is pretty dark and most of the time barely seen through. The fronts can be seen through most of the time unless it's clean, shiny and reflective. I did put the tints in back as they don't have solar rejection.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here is one I snapped this morning as my wife left. The rear is pretty dark and most of the time barely seen through. The fronts can be seen through most of the time unless it's clean, shiny and reflective. In the photo you can see the steering wheel. I did put the tints in back in addition to factory as factory doesn't have solar rejection. The tint on the windshield is the best thing ever. It still looks clear and barely noticeable. But I'm in SoCal and need it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No pics but ended up going with 20% and yes perfect match. Paid $70 and took about 30 mins to complete. Now hoping my wife remembers not roll the windows down?

·
Registered
250 Posts
I wonder if stock tints is different between 2017 and 2014 models. I had my regular guy install 20% on the fronts and it's a good match, but not perfect, with the rears still being a little darker than that. I did add 5% to the sunroof, very worth it.

Put a sticky note on the window controls say DONT TOUCH or something. I always worry about the same thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts