Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a noob around here and the QX60 is a vehicle my wife is interested in - if for no other reasons, it’s not a minivan and has a third row... ?.

Just curious about what other vehicles you guys considered before purchasing your QX and what you liked more about it over the others.

·
Registered
21 Posts
we were looking at getting certified, now new

only other car we spent a lot of time cross-shopping was MDX, ultimately liked the exterior of the QX60 better and seemed better value for the dollar
also interior seemed a bit richer
also wanted the refreshed MDX which in a bit of short supply since only been 2 years
only real downside is nav is kind of dated - but the MDX nav is more contemporary but the two screen seemed a bit odd

RDX - nice, but too small for us
QX50 - new one, very nice but also small
Audi - Q7 in similar category but didnt look worried about maintenance costs
Considered GLE briefly but didn't really look because no 3rd row

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just purchased our QX60, but my wife was also looking at :
Honda Pilot
QX80
Acura MDX
but I think she was most interested in the QX60.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just purchased our QX60, but my wife was also looking at :
Honda Pilot
QX80
Acura MDX
but I think she was most interested in the QX60.

Anything notable you guys didn't like about the MDX? That's is an option on the list, albeit not a very likely one at this point.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anything notable you guys didn't like about the MDX? That's is an option on the list, albeit not a very likely one at this point.
Other than the headroom in the very back was smaller, she really didn't give it a second look. I think she just had her heart set on the QX60. I really liked the interior of the MDX because it reminded me of my 3rd Gen TL. I wasn't fond of the push button transmission selector in the MDX though. And since transmission problems are what made me get rid of my TL, I'm a little leery of Acura.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Other than the headroom in the very back was smaller, she really didn't give it a second look. I think she just had her heart set on the QX60. I really liked the interior of the MDX because it reminded me of my 3rd Gen TL. I wasn't fond of the push button transmission selector in the MDX though. And since transmission problems are what made me get rid of my TL, I'm a little leery of Acura.

It's funny because I never even really look at the third row seating room because I figure it'll never be me cramped back there... :) It is something my wife looks at though. I sort of have the same aversion with Honda/Acura because of the transmission issues from a while back; not sure if it's better today or not, but I do know it was an issue with the V6 powered vehicles. My wife hasn't really taken to the MDX much so I haven't even really started to look into any of that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We got a fully loaded CPO 2017 for my wife last year. It’s been a good car, there are some things I wish it had like Apple car play and some sort of steering assistance (like Q50) but those are minor things. 2nd row has tons of room and 3rd row isn’t bad for shorter adults. I added a tow hitch for a cargo carrier when going on trips.

CX-9: Used. Looked great and drove nicely but was too small. Price was cheaper too which would’ve been nice. They retrofitted Apple car play, which it didn’t have when we were looking.

Pilot: New. Better features standard (adaptive cruise, auto steer not just lane keep, Apple car play.) More headroom
In 3rd row. Ultimately my wife didn’t like the styling. People were having issues with the 9 speed auto but not any more than the CVT on the QX60.

Atlas: New. Interior felt cheap and it was underpowered. Large interior. I don’t care for VW in general but my wife liked the looks.

MDX: Used. Too small and horrible infotainment. Didn’t have Apple car play when we were looking. Sportier drive.

If we were looking now I’d seriously consider the Kia Telluride or Hyundai Palisade.

·
Registered
36 Posts
We cross shopped the XC90 and Atlas.

Definitely no comparison when it comes to the Tech. The QX60 is decades behind the xc90 and atlas. BUT.. you're paying for the ride, quality, and comfort.

XC90-NEW, very nice, everything about the car was pretty perfect for us, actually.. that is until we drove it. you can hear every single road change, pattern in this car. and we drove a few of them with different tire/wheel combination that the dealer had. it just didnt compare the the ride comfort of the qx60.

Atlas-NEW, also very nice. good tech, and overall, a pretty good car. its HUGE.. i mean, it feels very spacious in there, and the tech is fantastic. especially in the SEL-Prem. you pretty much get an AUDI. BUT.. the ride is rough.. it does feel under powered.

All in all, the Qx60 beats out the competition in ride quality. the Pathfinder is also a good choice, but we were coming from a Murano, so we really wanted to go to the next tier. we got a nice CPO for about the cost of a Pathfinder Platinum. Pathfinder does ride a little louder, and pretty much has the same tech. so if you wanna save a few bucks, you can go w/ a Pathfinder. Nissan has insane incentives on them also all the time at the end of the month. or right before the new model comes out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2017 CPO with 32k miles. One owner on lease. I looked at the following vehicles:

XT6 - handled like a car but the interior materials felt cheap. Third row wasn't as big.
Atlas - Underpowered but plenty of space.
Pilot - Just didn't like the styling as much.
MDX - Love the exterior styling but didn't have the same space as the QX60.

We're a family of 5. Two teenagers active in sports. For the money, features, and space, the QX60 came out on top. Mine is fully loaded. The infotainment is dated, but very functional. Personally, I like the curvy and bulbous wood grained infotainment look. It is appealing to my eyes. I would have been ecstatic with the same 8" screen updated with a higher resolution in the same unit. Also, I love the exterior with the bold Infiniti badging. No issues thus far. Pathfinder wasn't an option because exterior styling just doesn't compare. I don't care they're on the same platform.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts