Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am also looking at the Lexus, but I also have my eye on the Buick Enclave. Every review I've read says it's a fantastic car, though a bit heavy. I want to see how the third row seats compare to the QX60.

·
Registered
295 Posts
The Lexus RX is more of a compact SUV than a big SUV like the JX but also smaller than the Enclave. Enclave is like an Escalade to me. Although the RX is smaller, it's the closest thing from Lexus that's like the QX60. I'd say a Lexus GX but it's on a truck platform packing a V8.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Lexus RX is more of a compact SUV than a big SUV like the JX but also smaller than the Enclave. Enclave is like an Escalade to me. Although the RX is smaller, it's the closest thing from Lexus that's like the QX60. I'd say a Lexus GX but it's on a truck platform packing a V8.
I don't really know too much about Buick, other than it's an old company. I think for SUVs like these I would trust Japanese more than American.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I don't really know too much about Buick, other than it's an old company. I think for SUVs like these I would trust Japanese more than American.
trusting japanese brands over american brands is the way to go, japanese car brands like Toyota and Nissan, especially Toyota have a long history of making great SUV's around the globe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Buick has been improving on their cars and I think the new Enclave is doing good. I know the Verano is doing good in it's segment but will be losing to the new Mercedes Benz CLA.

I think the Enclave is good but don't let decide for you, check out this review of it

·
Registered
295 Posts
Buick has been improving on their cars and I think the new Enclave is doing good. I know the Verano is doing good in it's segment but will be losing to the new Mercedes Benz CLA.

I think the Enclave is good but don't let decide for you, check out this review of it

2013 Buick Enclave First Drive Review - YouTube
Enclave has a beautifulll interior, it's one area Infiniti didn't do so well at. Also impressed with the new MDX there seems to be a ton of road test and reviews on it today. including one from TTAC

·
Registered
44 Posts
trusting japanese brands over american brands is the way to go, japanese car brands like Toyota and Nissan, especially Toyota have a long history of making great SUV's around the globe.
I'm not racist, but when it comes to cars I do trust imports much more than domestic :D

Is that racist?

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
No, that's anti-xenophobic, I think.

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
Domestic vs. Imports

I'm not racist, but when it comes to cars I do trust imports much more than domestic :D

Is that racist?
Nope its not! I'm glad the JX and QX60 are made by American autoworkers, but in my experience, the imports have better quality control, especially Japanese cars. Their management style is much more based on building quality in during the manufacturing process, vs. inspecting after the car is built.

Years ago I worked part time for the number 2 car rental company. Every day we had so many American cars towed back to our shop with bad transmissions and other major issues, but rarely did we see the imports come in on the hook. I've personally owned several Fords, GMC and Chevy products and the common theme was...100,000 miles=new transmission and other major problems. Not one major issue with the 7 Nissan products we've owned over the past 20 years. I can't even look at domestic cars anymore.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Only good thing with American cars is that parts for them are cheap meanwhile imports have higher priced parts, especially when you go German. But the reliability of Japanese vehicles makes owning a Jap car over American is a no brainer that Japanese cars are what you should be buying.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ford has terrible quality control. Every time I read an article about a recall or quality problems, nine times out of ten, it's Ford. It also consistently gets put on the least reliable cars rankings.

Yet, the the Fords Escape keeps increasing in sales. Confuses the **** out of me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts