Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
I just put in the Unavi system this weekend. Opening up the DCU to install a sub-board was a new experience, and honestly not sure I would do it again. I had to plug in the touch screen ribbon twice, and I was being careful (I thought). That being said the videos were very good.
Taking apart the dash was actually the easiest part in my opinion. If you watch the video you can pull where they pull and things pop right off. I did lose a screw like mentioned above into the back abyss, even with a magnetic screw driver, so be careful. Putting the wires through the back was a slow process so be patient with it.
I really struggled on reassembly on the dash. They do not have a video for reassembly that I could find. So having the confidence to push or pull in certain areas was gone. I also mounted the DCU incorrectly (it was low, and had to be tucked into the dash and slid up). I was able to put the dash back together despite this until the bottom piece which would not fit until I pulled it all apart again, and mounted the DCU properly. It took me 8 - 10 hours at least. My recommendation is if you can find a shop that does it, pay the money. You can DIY, but be prepared it's a long process. I am super happy with the outcome though, and I don't think we will use the Infiniti features for the phone at all anymore. I followed Humvet's advice and took the phones off the Infiniti bluetooth. It was worth the money and time for me.

· Registered
1 Posts
I have zero experience with this item but it’s the best plug and play I’ve seen, as they say you pays your $ and you take your chances. If you try it please report back.
My 2020 QX60 is not equipped with NAV will this still work for it?

· Registered
8 Posts
Check this out
I installed this 12" Android Nav with Apple Car Play on my 2016 QX60 works great !!

Land vehicle Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Mode of transport Automotive lighting

· Registered
3 Posts
Just had a shop install UNavi in our 2020 Armada. Works well, except for Siri’s voice volume. We can barely hear her. Anyone have this issue? Any remedies?
mojoscowboys43 - I am debating installing it myself. I like doing these types of things but if labor isnt overly expensive would consider paying for it. Do you mind me asking how much the shop charged to install yours?

· Registered
935 Posts
mojoscowboys43 - I am debating installing it myself. I like doing these types of things but if labor isnt overly expensive would consider paying for it. Do you mind me asking how much the shop charged to install yours?
The UNavi website has an option to pre-pay labor for $300. So, $500 for the device and $300 labor (plus another $67 in taxes).

You should also get the extension cable that routes back to the center storage box for another $25.

I wish UNavi or someone would put together a list of stuff that doesn’t work with UNavi, for example do all steering buttons work? Or does the center scroll wheel work? What’s the worst part about about it? Does UNavi have a history of updating their equipment or is this going to be dead weight in 3 years?

· Registered
935 Posts
Also, In the beginning I had bluetooth conflicts with the QX60 head unit as it would kick CarPlay off the phone as both signals fought to connect to my iPhone. Once I turned off both of the head unit bluetooth options, no more conflicts. With CarPlay, I don’t need the QX60 bluetooth features anymore.
Hey Humvet, you bring up an interesting question. If you’ve disabled QX60 Bluetooth and connected your phone to UNavi Bluetooth, what happens when you receive a call while in the OEM functions screen?

Also, can you change climate controls when in the UNavi screen?

· Registered
168 Posts
I’ll answer the phone ? This is what I do I change audio from FM to IPod, flip the screen from Infiniti to CarPlay and answer. Average time to change 3rings.
I have my phone disconnected from the factory system, it is only connected to CarPlay. The connection to CarPlay is more seamless than in my wife’s 2020 Audi.

· Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey Humvet, you bring up an interesting question. If you’ve disabled QX60 Bluetooth and connected your phone to UNavi Bluetooth, what happens when you receive a call while in the OEM functions screen?

Also, can you change climate controls when in the UNavi screen?
The way the Navi system works is that the dash “Back” button held for 2-3 seconds switches to CarPlay video and the dash “Aux” button (my button says Disc) switches to the AUX setting which is the CarPlay audio setting for my install. In other words, the video and audio work independently. My most common setting is to listen to XM through the head unit and have the CarPlay map showing on the screen. If a call (or text message) comes in it shows up on the screen and you can connect to the phone by touching the screen - but XM is still playing. So then you push the AUX button and you are connected to the phone.* After the call I then push the XM (or FM, etc.) button and both the screen and the audio go to XM. I usually also hold down the Back button to get the CarPlay map back. This might sound like a lot but after a couple of times, it comes naturally.

* If you connect the Navi to the iPod channel you push AUX (Disc) button twice each time. Installing the wiring to AUX rather then iPod channel saves that extra button push each time and actually uses less wiring to hook up. It also frees up the USB port for an actual iPod. I know this since I got confused by the instructions and hooked it up to the iPod at first. The Navi tech support guy straightened me out on this.

· Registered
5 Posts
So which product is better between GTA and Unavi?. GTA cost seem to be lower and GTA install is easier since you don't have to open the LCP panel.
I am trying to install on my 2014 QX60 with Navi. I also currently have install the GPS bypass from CatKitCompany.
Also wondering what is the aux speaker use for in the Unavi system?

· Registered
5 Posts
Has anyone bought a unavi-usa for the 2013 JX35?

A few observations from their website:
  • a "JX35/JX55" compatible unit is available, but there is no such thing as a JX55. JX35 was only produced for 2013, then switched to QX60 in 2014.
  • 2014 QX60 has the same head unit as 2013 JX35. So why aren't JX35 and QX60 listed together?

So, should I select JX35/JX55 or the 2014 QX60? $700 is a lot of money to guess.
Call UNavi directly and they will advise you which one to get. Plus before they ship the order they sent me a text message confirming my vehicle model and if I have navigation. So far everything work great and I am pretty happy. Also I did self install as I am not willing to pay additional $$$ to 3rd party and I can say it was pretty straight forward install.

· Registered
5 Posts
Anyone able to find the metal hook tool they use in the Unavi video? I bought the plastic kit but it is extremely hard to remove the panneling with it. Suggestions?
Unavi sold the tool as well. However in my opinion you can just use any tool. The reason they use plastic tool so it will not make any scratches to your units. When I did my install I did not use any of the plastic tool and just use my hand. At some area it is harder to pull but just need to give a bit of force to open the paneling.

· Registered
5 Posts
I find the Siri volume is low you need to turn it up when using and remember to turn it down when you switch out of it. ( to FM or another r audio source)
Press the button on the bottom right hand icon and it will open up all the apps and select unavi app. From there you can select volume and adjust the volume so it will be the same level as the radio level.

· Registered
5 Posts
So which product is better between GTA and Unavi?. GTA cost seem to be lower and GTA install is easier since you don't have to open the LCP panel.
I am trying to install on my 2014 QX60 with Navi. I also currently have install the GPS bypass from CatKitCompany.
Also wondering what is the aux speaker use for in the Unavi system?
No one responded to this so I went ahead and purchase Unavi.
Results :
  • Install was easy and straight forward. I did self install as I do not feel like paying additional $$$ to 3rd party
  • Took me 2 hrs for my 19yrs old son to install and I supervise, if I had to do it myself probably take 1 hr or less.
  • The product work well with my GPS bypass item that I had previously installed.
  • Wish there are more clear instruction on how to remove the panel and complete the install from UNavi but their goal are not for DIY install so have to look at other video on how to removed the panel (if you have not done it before).
  • Tech support (trough WhatsApp) are very responsive.
  • Now we have great wireless carplay installed on my 2014 QX16 and better than my ford which need wired connection.

· Registered
3 Posts
I got UNAVI installed on my 2019 Infiniti QX60 installed, and here is what I found, not sure if it's expected or not. 1. Dashboard control button doesn't work, you have to use the touch screen. 2. Change volume will displayed on the carplay screen which is good, I am not sure why it doesn't shown in this video, but it works for me, however, the AC is not shown, you can still use the Climate button to turn on/off AC while in carplay mode, but nothing shown in the screen, meaning you don't know the temperature or fan speed etc, you have to change to OEM UI to see it. 3. Wheel steering control partially working, you can change the volume up and down, or next/previous songs, but the return button doesn't work, I meant doesn't do "return" function, it only works to switch between OEM and carplay mode while you hold it for 3 seconds. Hope this helps to anything who interested in UNVAI.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts