Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just purchased a used QX60 and I am wondering about how the turning feels. It is kind of hard to describe but when turning corners or completely around, the vehicle almost feels like it is in four wheel drive. Like if you were in a 4x4 truck with all four wheels engaged and you were trying to turn on dry pavement. I've had other AWD vehicles in the past and I've never experienced this feeling. It is not smooth. Is this normal for Infinity? Or, do you think something is wrong? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To clarify, I just started searching the forum (should have done that first). I dont think I have the shudder. I have never experienced an issue when driving slow in a straight line. The issue I am describing only happens when turning (corners, etc.).

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
This does not sound normal. Get thee back to the dealer and have them check it out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses! We brought it in and they said it was showing a fault code for the coupler? in the rear axle. They said it was a known issue and would be the cause of the sound. Notice I never said anything about a sound? That's because I never heard a sound. Rather, I experienced a feeling. I explained this to them and they assured me the coupler would fix the issue. We pick it up tonight. I guess we will see...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just took my 2015 QX60 in for the same issue...weird vibration and slip when turning left or right. They came back with a diagnosis of the rear coupler and are replacing it today (hopefully). Has your vehicle been running issue free since the repair?

Thanks for the responses! We brought it in and they said it was showing a fault code for the coupler? in the rear axle. They said it was a known issue and would be the cause of the sound. Notice I never said anything about a sound? That's because I never heard a sound. Rather, I experienced a feeling. I explained this to them and they assured me the coupler would fix the issue. We pick it up tonight. I guess we will see...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I think I have the same issue, exactly as described. Like the old 4w drive trucks felt in the front , but this is in the back when you turn.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Its a hydraulic feeling when pressure is applied while turning. When you catch a line turning there is pulsating in the wheel causing you to have to adjust your line. Just a poor design and normal for this vehicle. Heavy steering combined with poor suspension. It does get a little better if you drive in normal rather than sport.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just took my 2015 QX60 in for the same issue...weird vibration and slip when turning left or right. They came back with a diagnosis of the rear coupler and are replacing it today (hopefully). Has your vehicle been running issue free since the repair?
I have the same problem. My warranty expired last year. I'd appreciate it if you could tell me the cost to fix it. Thank you

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to bring this thread back. I think I have the same problem with my vehicle but don't want to spend a fortune with the dealer. What is the part number please?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue here in our 14. Thanks Magicman32 for posting the parts. My closest dealer is 2 hours away and they have quoted me 1800-2000 for the repair. I want to find a repair person in my hometown but everyone is afraid it has to be programmed. Can anyone confirm this, I'm out of warranty now so not really worth the drive and wait if it can be done local.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like this is a very common issue for the QX60 also with Nithan's Pathfinder.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Quick note based on the very fast availability of parts this issue may have a tsb or Nissan recall involved ask hard before spending. I mention this because the repair took about an hour AND they gave me a loaner. Usually that signifies someone else is paying.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts