Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 2014 QX60 and have a lot of issues with the Voice Commands...especially using the Phone. The dealer said today that they know of this issue and have had problems, but the issue is with AT&T who supplies the software. Infiniti and AT&T have known about this for 9 months now and do not have a fix.

So, here is why we are just not sure of what the heck is going on...
A. We do not have a phone that is on the AT&T Network.
B. We have a phone that uses Verizon.
C. The dealer said that this issue can happen on a lot of voice commands...not just phone based.
D. If AT&T did supply the software for even non-phone based commands, how can it be fixed?
E. Infiniti does not supply updates so how will it, or anything software based, EVER be fixed?
F. Is this more "stuff" this dealer is telling us to make us go away?

We NEVER expected this, and other issues, on a high end $60K car with all options.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
Please describe the problems you're having. "Issues" is vague at best.

Blaming ATT for problems with voice commands is silly. The only thing that ATT has anything to do with is the Infiniti Connection stuff. After another year or so, they're no longer going to support the 2g network that it currently runs on. So your IC will stop working eventually, assuming you've continued to renew the subscription at that point.

Voice commands should work great. Make sure you go into Settings -> Other -> Voice Recognition and that "Minimize voice feedback" and "Alternate Command Mode" are both turned on.

If you have an accent, try the "Speaker Adaptation" function in that settings submenu. It will walk you through teaching the car your accent.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank You. Yes, blaming AT&T IS stupid, and NO we do not have an accent. My wife is the one who uses this and she will have to give us some examples.

Anyway, at this point I can not begin to tell you how disappointed we are in this car. I never expected this from Infiniti/Nissan. Many issues with things that they even advertise, but you then find out they do not quite work that way, but I do NOT want to get into a discussion.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Anyway, at this point I can not begin to tell you how disappointed we are in this car. I never expected this from Infiniti/Nissan. Many issues with things that they even advertise, but you then find out they do not quite work that way, but I do NOT want to get into a discussion.
What are some of the issues you're having or thought you had through advertising?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What are some of the issues you're having or thought you had through advertising?
Well, I said I did not want to get into this, but I will mention that these are not issues we THOUGHT we had, but ones that exist. Our previous car had features like blind spot detection. If it alerted us we KNEW "something" was present. On our QX60 there are times it does not go off. Infiniti says that "yes, if a person or bike etc is there it may not respond". Yeah, why would we care if it was just a person. Also, if we were on a highway or any street, it would tell us if it was safe to pass. Again, we showed the dealer that ours may work and may not. They said that is just how it is designed. Our latest is the voice command issue. This time (yesterday) the dealer admitted that what my wife showed them should not happen at all but they had no idea how to fix it. They will get back to us in a week or so. OH, some sensors do not work in a store or mall parking lot. WHAT? That is when we need them the most!

I said I did not want to get into this on the forum and said more than I was going to anyway. At any rate, we expected that these, and more, would work at least as well as our previous 2012 Car. I guess with nothing else to compare it we would believe that these things are normal. We are very disappointed in the Infiniti customer support line. They are sympathetic but can only say that is how it was designed and they have heard of other comments but it will not change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts