Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts

Here's what it looks like from outside. If you want from inside I'll have to get it at some point today but you don't really notice it at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is your tint designed to block UV rays and help with temp? I am looking for the dark tint visor strip along the top. Your car is sweet looking by the way.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes it does do both. I actually put the air blue 80 on all my windows except for the front window and sunroof I put on ctx 30 which darkens it and provides even more temp protection than the 80. I didn't darken the rear windows as I didn't want them darker. I do notice it when I'm in my other car with no windshield tint. And when we drove it for the week before we had tint. Here's a link to the front tint I used. There's a link in that page to the performance specs.

http://northamerica.llumar.com/auto...lear-window-tint/air-clear-window-tint-series

·
Registered
47 Posts
And thanks! We enjoy it. It was just waxed in that picture so it's extra nice. Also I did think of the strip visor and was worried this would affect vision or night vision but it has been fine. If you have polarized sunglasses you'll see a purplish tint as if your sunglasses were purple tinted.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Is windshield tint below the AS-1 line legal?

I'd love to tint the windshield, just hate for a cop to fine me for trying to keep the Texas-heat out of my car.

--UPDATE from DPS.Texas.Gov--------

A clear (un-tinted) UV film is allowed anywhere on the front windshield without a medical exemption being required.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Not sure on legality. Pretty sure it's not legal in California where I am. But it's pretty clear so would be surprised if they would notice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts