Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So OP here providing an update. It is now 2020. The original brake issues I detailed occurred at 60K files. I now have just under 120K miles on same vehicle. The soft brake issue has just reappeared. I took the vehicle back to original deal which has performed all the service since the car was new. This time, within 2 hours, they reported a "C1" (I believe) code indicating a problem with the ABS Actuator. They have one in stock and repair costs will be $2,000. I don't think I'm going too far out on the limb here when I say the lifetime of the ABS module is 60,000 miles. I've also noted that Nissan has recalled ABS actuator modules in later models due to safety issues (internal leaks which could lead to shorts, etc.) Other than brakes, the car has served me well...
Has this resolved your issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 QX60 with around 55K Miles
Same issue people highlighted above. Dealer diagnosed a faulty master cylinder and booster. Replaced both, after assurances from the dealer they are faulty, despite telling them people online complained that replacing these part did not fix the issue. I sunk the money, the bake pedal still sinks. I’m starting to hate the car 😞

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 QX60 with around 55K Miles
Same issue people highlighted above. Dealer diagnosed a faulty master cylinder and booster. Replaced both, after assurances from the dealer they are faulty, despite telling them people online complained that replacing these part did not fix the issue. I sunk the money, the bake pedal still sinks. I’m starting to hate the car 😞
I took my car back to the dealer because it was getting really dangerous. The car doesn't brake well enough, I tapped an object while I was parking the car and broke the Infiniti badge at the center of the grille. I'm happy the Infiniti badge broke because I hate the brand, more so after taking the car to the dealer, who took the car for a test drive and couldn't reproduce the problem and gave it back to me thinking i'm lying.

Yesterday, I was driving from a customer meeting to another and it happened. I cancelled my next meeting and went straight to the dealer, kept the car running and in front of their entrance, went in and asked a service rep to check it. Now they realize how bad it gets, but they're clueless how to fix it, having changed the master cylinder and booster.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts