Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what prior vehicles you've experienced before plunging into a QX60. I'm coming from a Murano so it would be great to see what you've had and why'd you do it. Give me some more reasoning for the wife perhaps ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
We just traded our Audi Q7 TDI in on a new QX60. The Audi was a more expensive vehicle, by about $11k but not nearly as nice inside. The drivetrain was really really good on the Audi, but heaven forbid you have to repair something. Repairs are not cheap.

Prior to that she drove an Infiniti G37x which she loved. And I still drive to work.

After having an Infiniti for the past 7 years and then straying to Audi for a couple, we have come to appreciate that we are Infiniti people. Love the looks, the drive, the technology and the dependability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a similar experience. I just traded in a 2006 QX56 for a 2017 Qx60. Was looking at the Q7 but wasn't feeling it. I find the qx60 better appointed and more comfortable when compared against my wife's q5

·
Registered
204 Posts
As I mentioned in your other post I traded my loaded 2011 Murano with QX60. While it was in great condition and had only 57K miles on it I wanted to get a 7 passenger vehicle incase our minivan is in shop. So this justification worked with the finance minister. Plus I figured this was the best time to transfer the equity from a paid off vehicle before it starts to loose value.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I have a similar experience. I just traded in a 2006 QX56 for a 2017 Qx60. Was looking at the Q7 but wasn't feeling it. I find the qx60 better appointed and more comfortable when compared against my wife's q5
I'm curious. How has the transition gone? Do you miss anything? Things you like better in the 60? Why did you choose the QX60 over the QX80? Glad to hear you're enjoying the new vehicle.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had the first gen qx56 so the 60 was a huge step up in fit and function. Didn't go the 80 as no longer need the space and wanted to get something with better fuel economy as it is my daily driver.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
We just completed a 2,000 mile plus trip to the California coast from Washington state. Four adults, a full cargo space and full cargo box (including 2 sets of golf clubs). The last time we made this trip we had the 2013 JX35 which performed very well. I noticed a nice improvement in the handling of the QX60 and also noted an improvement in fuel economy. An average of 21 mpg vs. 18 mpg over the JX. The only problem we experienced was the navigation screen kept re-setting for a period of an hour. Couldn't figure out what caused it, however one of our passengers had a 10s unit running which may have interfered with the system. The car handled better than the JX on the windy curves. It would have been interesting to see how the 2017 performed with the newer engine. It would have been nice to have driven the QX80 with all the extras the wives purchased on the trip.

We did drive through a couple heavy snow showers where the car performed well. It kept traction and we did use the snow mode which helped. While coming down a steep grade in Oregon on I5, we came across a nasty accident which required an extreme evasive maneuver. The car handled nice.

·
Registered
204 Posts
@BobOB what brand/model cargo box are you using? Do you recommend it? We frequently take trips to Toronto, the family minivan swallows 6 people's cargo like humpback whale. For my next trip I wanna take the QX60 on the trip, I will definitely need some sort of roof mounted carrgo carrier to hold the stuff.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I'm using the Yakima Rocket Box 16. It fits perfect and holds a lot and can be opened on either side. What I like most is that you can't remove the key from the lock unless all three locking points are ingaged (comes in handy when you over load it). This way you know you have a good seal and it won't open accidentally. I got mine on sale at REI. They helped me by brining sever boxes out to the car to see which one fit best.

I use Thule's cargo box lift to store it. It sits above the car until I need it and drops down using a crank handle which raises and lowers it via two 1/4" ropes. The box weighs 40 lbs and uses 4 clips to lock it down to the roof rails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We just completed a 2,000 mile plus trip to the California coast from Washington state. Four adults, a full cargo space and full cargo box (including 2 sets of golf clubs). The last time we made this trip we had the 2013 JX35 which performed very well. I noticed a nice improvement in the handling of the QX60 and also noted an improvement in fuel economy. An average of 21 mpg vs. 18 mpg over the JX. The only problem we experienced was the navigation screen kept re-setting for a period of an hour. Couldn't figure out what caused it, however one of our passengers had a 10s unit running which may have interfered with the system. The car handled better than the JX on the windy curves. It would have been interesting to see how the 2017 performed with the newer engine. It would have been nice to have driven the QX80 with all the extras the wives purchased on the trip.

We did drive through a couple heavy snow showers where the car performed well. It kept traction and we did use the snow mode which helped. While coming down a steep grade in Oregon on I5, we came across a nasty accident which required an extreme evasive maneuver. The car handled nice.
Glad to hear you got around that accident and all was well. Did you ever take it back to the dealership to inquiry about the infotainment system though ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm using the Yakima Rocket Box 16. It fits perfect and holds a lot and can be opened on either side. What I like most is that you can't remove the key from the lock unless all three locking points are ingaged (comes in handy when you over load it). This way you know you have a good seal and it won't open accidentally. I got mine on sale at REI. They helped me by brining sever boxes out to the car to see which one fit best.
I across the same on Amazon and liked the way it looks, has good reviews as well. Thanks!

sorry for minor detour... OP.. thread back on track now. 0:)

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I used the recommendations and instructions provided by previous customers for installation. Its nice to have the box stowed where its out of the way and ready when needed. Takes less than 10 minutes to deploy.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Vehicle experience

We have had this 2015 QX for over a year now. 17K with No major issues to speak of. Having owned Dozens of vehicles, I would rate the QX at the top for a middleaged guy. Having time to travel with my wife, we find the QX extremely comfortable and safe. Roomy for the gear or people we need to transport. I have towed our 20ft Crownline at 4640 lbs, and I would NOT recommend pulling much more weight than 4K lbs above 35 MPH. The AWD system is flawless in snow going over the Cascade passes.
Being a gear head, I have owned 50+ cars. The QX is not a race car, Its not a lifted 4X4, Its not a Fuel economy car. It is a Luxury SUV that not badged BMW, Audi, or Mercedes Benz.
Current Autos
2015 QX60 AWD
2014 Murano AWD Plate
2012 Toyota IQ
2001 GMC 3500 SLT 4X4
2013 Suzuki M109R

Past Autos
2008 Nissan Titan LE 4X4 lifted
2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Maxima
2005 Nissan Murano SE AWD
1999 Ford Ranger 4X4
1985 Toyota Van
1993 Toyota Previa
1985 Ford F250
1996 Ford F250 7.3 4X4
1985 Supra
1983 Ramcharger 4X4
1987 Supra
1981 Celica
I could go on forever

·
Registered
25 Posts
I love my QX60. I never buy a car based on the badge.

I test drove several cars. I am not saying that these cars were exactly in the same class or level as the QX60 however they were comparable.

Audi Q7 - terrible reliability and the diesel version was making rattling noises. I liked the pananormic sunroofs.

BMW X5 - 3rd seating is a joke however interior was very refined.

Benz ML - no third row seating and dash felt outdated and terrible cameras.

Lexus RX - no third row seating however it was #1 for realibility and overall nice interior.

Infiniti is premium like the above brands but I wish they would set a compay policy where they would not use design features or parts from Nissan cars (example Pathfinder steering wheel buttons are found on QX60 steering wheel)

I wish the QX60 had the same dash and dual screens at the Q50.

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
So far I'm very much liking my QX60. I wish I had waited longer to find one with the cooled seats and panoramic sunroof, and maybe the tow hitch. That's all I feel I'm missing.

We got out first long-ish trip coming up this weekend, going from Miami to Fort Myers to Tampa and back to Miami. Let's see how it does :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
We just traded our Audi Q7 TDI in on a new QX60. The Audi was a more expensive vehicle, by about $11k but not nearly as nice inside. The drivetrain was really really good on the Audi, but heaven forbid you have to repair something. Repairs are not cheap.

Prior to that she drove an Infiniti G37x which she loved. And I still drive to work.

After having an Infiniti for the past 7 years and then straying to Audi for a couple, we have come to appreciate that we are Infiniti people. Love the looks, the drive, the technology and the dependability.
Nicely stated...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts