Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 qx60 fwd luxe. Pulling the valve covers. Anyway, the main wiring harness is attached to this support/clip on the front drivers side in order to get the front valve cover off I need to slide the harness out of the way. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to undo it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
505 Posts
How many miles you have on it? If it's leaking oil, a 2019 should still be covered under the warranty...have Infiniti fix it. That said, I've never pulled the value covers, but it's the same engine that's in the pathfinder.

Nissan 3.5 valve cover removal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long story. But basically rom reading online speaking with the SA, I keep getting the same story…if there’s sludge in the motor they will deny an engine claim. There was tons of sludge in the pan, like tons. I do regular oil changes. I just don’t want to deal with being denied. Being somewhat mechanically inclined, not a huge deal to pull the pan and valve cover to clean it out. But I just can’t get this stupid harness off

·
Registered
714 Posts
Long story. But basically rom reading online speaking with the SA, I keep getting the same story…if there’s sludge in the motor they will deny an engine claim. There was tons of sludge in the pan, like tons. I do regular oil changes. I just don’t want to deal with being denied. Being somewhat mechanically inclined, not a huge deal to pull the pan and valve cover to clean it out. But I just can’t get this stupid harness off
Any pics of the sludge after opening the engine?

I’ve seen videos using detergents to clean sludge without pulling apart the engine, seemed hit or miss.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts