Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Valve cover removal…how do I undo the wiring harness clip

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  jwilson2090 
#1 ·
My 2019 qx60 fwd luxe. Pulling the valve covers. Anyway, the main wiring harness is attached to this support/clip on the front drivers side in order to get the front valve cover off I need to slide the harness out of the way. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to undo it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

See less See more
#3 ·
Long story. But basically rom reading online speaking with the SA, I keep getting the same story…if there’s sludge in the motor they will deny an engine claim. There was tons of sludge in the pan, like tons. I do regular oil changes. I just don’t want to deal with being denied. Being somewhat mechanically inclined, not a huge deal to pull the pan and valve cover to clean it out. But I just can’t get this stupid harness off

#5 ·
I have used the engine flush as well, warm it up put on ramps so you don’t load the engine with that much detergent in it, let it run the allotted time change the oil and check the pan again. Those clips are a pain and a big time waster getting them off, I did the front cover on my 14 qx because of oil in the plug holes took be forever

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.