Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I just purchased a 2015 QX60 with premium plus. I was excited to hear that I could plug in an external USB flash drive to bring my music collection along with me. I hope that I'm missing something here, but it seems as though there are no play/stop/pause controls when listening to music with a flash drive. I've also noticed that you cannot scroll through music without listening to every single folder or track that you pass by on the way to whatever selection you are looking for. I can't seem to find any information on this. It seems like such a shame just because the actual interface looks so nice. My folders come up organized just like I have them on the card. I find it hard to believe that there are no play controls and it has to play every song I scroll over. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found an old iPod and it works great!

The iPod seems to work flawlessly and does exactly what I was hoping the Flash Drive would do so I'm good to go, however.... this is still a strange problem with the USB and I'm surprised that no one else has been talking about it. I did find a couple of articles that are as baffled by it as I am. I guess most people really don't use it.

Anyway, if you load up an old iPod and just leave it connected to the USB, it really is a great way to travel around with your entire music collection.

Thank you!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I second your observation and frustration. I have a USB stick with lots of music and videos for my kids. I am annoyed of how a song/video being played is immediately interrupted as I'm scrolling down a list and will attempt to play whatever the selector moves to at the moment, even though I don't mean to 'select' it to play. Perhaps Infiniti can come up with some software update that will mitigate this issues/limitation?

-Tony

Hi!

I just purchased a 2015 QX60 with premium plus. I was excited to hear that I could plug in an external USB flash drive to bring my music collection along with me. I hope that I'm missing something here, but it seems as though there are no play/stop/pause controls when listening to music with a flash drive. I've also noticed that you cannot scroll through music without listening to every single folder or track that you pass by on the way to whatever selection you are looking for. I can't seem to find any information on this. It seems like such a shame just because the actual interface looks so nice. My folders come up organized just like I have them on the card. I find it hard to believe that there are no play controls and it has to play every song I scroll over. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
2017 model works fine without the problem mentioned in this thread. Anyone have any info on whether this was updated for 2015 models?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.