Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
qx60 dangerous

I had a 2014 QX60 that I purchased new and took to Infiniti for sudden inability to accelerate the car on right turns mostly creating a serious risk of accident. They duplicated the problem after denying it was an issue a few times. They were ultimately unable to fix the car and said it was a "known characteristic of the car" and it was not a problem they could fix. The dealership told me to trade it in for 2018 and the loaner had similar issue. The car is dangerous. I traded mine in for an Acura MDX so I would feel safe driving again. Infiniti doesn't car for people. Praying no one seriously gets hurt.

BTW, I know of many QX60 owners have the same issues. THE CVT TRANSMISSION is crap but the driver assist is even worse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2015 qx60. As of today has been in shop at dealership for 3 months. I would accelerate on interstate and rpms would jump up but car wouldn’t go. I would pump pedal and after a couple of seconds car would speed up. It would happen once or twice a day. Then finally it wouldn’t accelerate when I pulled out from a stop sign and I was almost hit. Took it straight to dealer. They have said they have had same issue when driving it but still can’t find what’s wrong. As of 2 weeks ago they have completely taken engine apart and claim it may be some gasket issue and if that’s not it may need new engine. I’m in my third loaner car from them. Picked up a newer one today bc I’m putting around 5,000 Miles a month on their brand new loaners due to my job. I just don’t see how this is cost effective for them. I brought up a buyback option and they scoffed ans said they will figure out what’s wrong. I’m at 92,000 miles on my 2015 and I worry if I get back at this point once they have taken car apart I’m going to have more issues and be out of warranty. Any advice

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sorry to hear about your transmission issues sadly my 2015 with only 33k miles on it is doing the same thing.

Had it in the shop for a month got it back Dec 17th ~ drove like a dream for 6 weeks now it's doing the same problems again.

At first they said the system needed a computer update.

I spent $965.00 for:
Transmission Flush
Brake Flush
Alignment
Fuel Injectors Cleaned and more

Am pretty disappointed that I had to return my car to Infiniti tonight to resolve the issue again....

Oh, my gas milage after repairs was 20 mpg in the city now its 14mpg again.

I am new to Infiniti and bought mine Certified Used am thinking about trading it for a 2017 but I am a bit concerned about all of the money I had to invest in a car that I have had for 6 months.

They said we should know Monday or Tuesday what the problem is

I would love to know your car diagnosis.

Please tell me about the buy back program is that an automatic part of the extended warranty?

Our dealership has amazing customer service but I bought the vehicle from a non Infiniti dealer.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tex

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also curious, does the Hybrid also have the same FK-*k2 transmission as the gas model? I have the same shudder, but dealer says that the Hybrid is NOT covered by the lawsuit settlement. He says that the Hybrid has a different tranny model number, and therefore is not covered by the lawsuit settlement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If anyone is having shudder, jerking issues at low speeds or when turning, it’s more than likely the differential coupling. Infiniti has a bulletin on this and is VERY COMMON. Go to google and type in Infiniti shudder or differential coupling. Has a parts list of everything needed. It’s a 1300 dollar part but there were several brand new oem ones on eBay for 338.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts