Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as I was driving into work this morning, I had to make a left turn onto a busy main road and I hit the gas reasonably hard to squeeze into an opening. As I turn, I apply throttle, revving the engine to something in the 3200rpm range, but the car is barely accelerating. In fact, it's accelerating as if the engine were revved to about 1800 rpm or so, but the engine noise is there. I apply more throttle, revving the engine to about 5K rpm and the car doesn't seem to be accelerating any quicker. I take my foot off the gas and then reapply throttle at which point things went back to normal.

I haven't tried to replicate this, but has anyone else had a similar experience?

·
Super Moderator
563 Posts
This is the first time I can recall hearing about this issue on this and the JX forums. If it happend once, it will probably do it again. Don't mess with it at bring it to the dealership. Whatever is causing it is more than likely covered under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This problem has been happening on some Pathfinders with this new transmission, in addition to shudder problem. My Pathfinder shuddered with the original transmission. I had my transmission replaced and still have the shudder. It's at the dealer this moment awhile the dealer is trying to replicate the shudder. However, I've never had the "lose of power" issue. I was looking to trade in for the QX60, so I came here to see if there's any transmission issue on the QX60 and this is the first post I read. I don't know if any QX60 has shudder yet.

I see some shuddering thread on here too. I might have to keep my Pathfinder for now.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I've had mine on a few occasion stay in what would be 1st gear in a regular transmission and not shift up to 2nd. This caused me to pull over, shut the car off, restart and it went away. I'm at around 2500 miles and it's happened around 3 or 4 times.

Once I was at a light and the engine was off (I have the hybrid). When the light went green I lifted off the brake to the gas to accelerate and the engine spun up and shut down quickly. That was it, it wouldn't restart the engine. I had to restart the car and then it didn't happen again.

All this, for me, is quite unsettling. I buy new vehicles to not have to go back to dealerships for stuff like this. Naturally I'll mention all this when I bring it back for my first and only free oil change, but I'm done with Infiniti after this. My closest Infiniti dealership is 45 minutes away and costs me around $15 in tolls.

·
Registered
210 Posts
hm thats not good.

bring it back to the dealer and have them run diagnostics

there is nothing you can do at home to fix it or diagnose it anyways.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input (and @ Nick O - it was not in ECO mode). It hasn't happened to me since but I plan on taking it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the shudder issue with my JX. My fuel gauge was replaced, air bags recalculated many times, and transmission was replaced twice on the same car due to the shudder issue. The third transmission on the same car developed the shudder and Infiniti replaced my JX with a brand new QX. On my new 2014 QX I have had my fuel line looked at twice, because when I get down to a quarter tank of gas all of a sudden the stick and the numerical miles will rapidly go down. They say it is fine, so every time I get gas I have to reset my trip to make sure I know approximately how much gas I have used. My passenger air bag sometimes doesn't register someone is sitting in the seat. The person is sitting correctly and weighs enough. It just doesn't work. Now, I have had the loss of power issue several times with this QX. This morning as I was pulling on to the highway I pressed the gas and the car barely moved. It didn't accelerate properly. The engine revved, but the car didn't accelerate. It has happened approximately four times. I took my foot off of the gas and reapplied and still nothing. The third time it kicked in and accelerated. I do drive a lot and already have 16,000 miles on the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
same problem almost

I have a brand new 2014 from last week. What I have noticed is when I push on the gas my RPMs actually decrease until steadily, until I press nearly to the floor, then the rams increase. I drive in sport.
????

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a brand new 2014 from last week. What I have noticed is when I push on the gas my RPMs actually decrease until steadily, until I press nearly to the floor, then the rams increase. I drive in sport.
????
Had the exact same problem on my 2014 QX60. I actually had the dealership replace my tranny as well, and it didnt fix anything.

I have shudder, and this happens once in a while in left or right turn situations. It feels as if the traction control kicked in and limited the engine power. When in this condition, if you hit the gas to the floor, the engine feels really weak and you are not going anywhere.

I love this car, but this is the WORST drivetrain i have ever encountered in any car. CVT is absolute garbage, but i knew this when i bought this car, so i am probably going to have to live with it.

Infiniti made a big mistake using this CVT in a car like the QX60.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have them take a look at the brake switch. It may be sticking open/closed making the car think you had the brakes applied..

·
Registered
3 Posts
So as I was driving into work this morning, I had to make a left turn onto a busy main road and I hit the gas reasonably hard to squeeze into an opening. As I turn, I apply throttle, revving the engine to something in the 3200rpm range, but the car is barely accelerating. In fact, it's accelerating as if the engine were revved to about 1800 rpm or so, but the engine noise is there. I apply more throttle, revving the engine to about 5K rpm and the car doesn't seem to be accelerating any quicker. I take my foot off the gas and then reapply throttle at which point things went back to normal.

I haven't tried to replicate this, but has anyone else had a similar experience?
Yes I have had the same problem but dealer and infiniti don't believe me as they cannot reproduce the problem. It has happened to me approximately 35 to 40 times now. I feel the vehicle is very unsafe and will not drive it with family members in it. It only has 6700 miles on it as we are afraid to drive it much. I have begged infiniti to purchase the car back and research the issue before someone dies or gets seriously hurt which has almost happened to me a couple of times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2014 QX60 purchased in Dec 2014. I've been dealing with the same issue for about a year. On occasion when you turn right or left, accelerate hard, engine revs to 4-5k, veh goes 10-15 mph max. Back off accelerator and get back on it a second time and away you go. Not good when merging and pulling out into traffic.....almost rear ended. Does it in Eco, normal and sport. Has occurred at least 20 times. 40k miles. Dealership has had vehicle several times for over a week twice and can't get it to repeat. No alarm codes or warning on veh systems. They state that a couple of other owners in the area have the same issue. Service dept agrees that it is happening, just no answers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
qx60 acceleration problems

I bought the 2014 qx60 new and have had this loss of acceleration problem and one guy at the service department at the dealership told me to 'adjust my driving' today. I went to the supervisor and they are testing it. I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one who has this same exact issue. Please respond if you have ongoing issues with your qx60. I need to show the dealership I'm not the only one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same issue, about once a month (8-10 times). It has happened with both my wife and I driving, so it's not related to a particular driving style.

It's scary when it happens, and have had near collisions on 3 different occasions. We have two young kids and a third on the way. I have zero confidence with my family in the QX60 anymore.

After bringing it to the dealership twice - they were able to reproduce it, but unable to fix it, I escalated the issue to their consumer affairs department, and they sent a technician to evaluate the situation.

His assessment - this is the traction control system working as designed, and I must be accelerating on loose gravel. (Note: I've never seen the traction control lite come on when this problem occurs).

When I followed up with consumer affairs, they basically reiterated the same thing.

So Inifiniti's offical stance on why your car just stops when accelerating into traffic and putting your life in danger, is "This is how our traction control system is designed, and it's working as intended". Let that sink in for a minute...

My next step is to buy 2 dash cams to try and capture the issue on video. They need to understand how serious this issue is, and how lucky many of us are to not have been seriously injured.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a 2015 QX60 and it only has 23,000 km. I am having that stuttering problem and now Infiniti is telling me the transmission needs a total replacement. I understand that this is a huge issue with nissans/Infiniti cars and a class action lawsuit in the US (I am in Canada) was just settled for the 13/14 models. Infiniti has offered to replace the transmission, but from what I have read, the CVT still has problems even when replaced. I am terrified of driving this car, because owners have said their breaks fail and/or their car just stops on a highway. I have two small children and the reason I bought this car was for the safety. I did a ton of research, test drove about 20 cars and settled with this one. What a waste of time! I am speaking with the manager tomorrow, but I fear I will have to eat the cost and go for a different car. What is the percentage of 2nd transmissions failing? Am I doomed?

·
Registered
410 Posts
No, have Infiniti replace the transmission, and give you loaner while it’s in the shop. Give them the chance to fix it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts