Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I got a new qx60 in early 2015 (manufactured in march 2014) and have only 18k miles on it. BUT, I have already had a bunch of problems with it.

1) shuddering transmission

2) leaking rear left absorber (although I drive carefully and only in an urban area). They replaced it for $150, stating that warranty covers absorbers for only two years.

3) the side rubbers on rooftop which got dried and unglued and now hanging over the side window.

4) The front nickel window frames started to get rusty recently (lol, it is like 20 years old).

5) the rear window wiper went out.

So, I will never buy an infiniti or even a nissan again.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
All of this is stuff that Infiniti covers under warranty. I get that its annoying, but I don't see your point. Have you tried having these issues fixed, or did you just want to come here for the wine?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeap, I have already got rear wiper fixed, absorber replaced (warranty for absorbers expired, so I paid for it) and I am going to take it to the dealership for remaining issues to be fixed. My point is not about warranty. I know that all of these issues can be fixed. BUT, do you think that it is normal for a premium car of 2,5 years with less than 20k miles to have problems like that? Plus, we always drive carefully and only in an urban area. That is what I am hinting at. I don't think it's acceptable.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think some just are more issue prone for some reason. I have a 2011 Nissan Sentra that has no issues and my 2015 Nissan Rogue I traded in for my QX60 had nothing in 2 years. And hoping the same for my QX, but only been 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
663 Posts
..BUT, do you think that it is normal for a premium car of 2,5 years with less than 20k miles to have problems like that? .
It's not normal or everyone here would be saying the same thing. Head to BMW, Land Rover or Mercedes forums and and you'll see countless pages of people complaining about reliability of their "premium" vehicles.

Unfortunately premium doesn't mean high-quality... but I (as do you) expect excellent quality from Infiniti/Nissan.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just noticed some rust on my 1 year old QX60 yesterday while changing some fuses under the hood. I agree it's not good. Are they cutting quality to make more profits?!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Ours runs like a top and looks like it just came off the lot after 1 1/2 years. Zero warranty issues. I guess you got one of the rotten apples. ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys, I got a new qx60 in early 2015 (manufactured in march 2014) and have only 18k miles on it. BUT, I have already had a bunch of problems with it.

1) shuddering transmission

2) leaking rear left absorber (although I drive carefully and only in an urban area). They replaced it for $150, stating that warranty covers absorbers for only two years.

3) the side rubbers on rooftop which got dried and unglued and now hanging over the side window.

4) The front nickel window frames started to get rusty recently (lol, it is like 20 years old).

5) the rear window wiper went out.

So, I will never buy an infiniti or even a nissan again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Infinit sucks! I also bought a 2014, certified pre-owned. I loved the tech, it was quiet on the road, and I thought it looked sharp! But it has been nothing but trouble! Transmission was replaced, headlights, the whole assembly at $1500 each had to be replacred, the visors, the transfer case had to be replaced, $4000! I bought the car because I intended on keeping it for 10+ years. Wish I hadn't. Never again. The sad thing is that I was looking at and wanted an Audi Q7, vut they were tough to find and they had just been busted for the diesel scandle. I drove the infiniti QX60 as well as a number of other ones and I really liked it. Well, it will be the one and o ly Infinit (and Nissan) product I ever own!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts