Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a new project notice this options on a few Lexus and Benz . I notice when we walk close to the car the interior lights come on and the light on the door handle comes on. My wife thought I might be nice to have lights come on under the car just so she can make sure there is no one hiding under the car.

I want to keep all looking factory not to be too bright to attract any extra unwanted attention. Any ideas ??

·
Registered
35 Posts
This sounds like a great idea, ultimately depending on what it'll look like. It'll be interesting to hear some ideas. I might be interested in doing the same. Ours is my wife's, and she works night shift so could benefit from such a feature.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All done,

Here some pictures .. I wired them up to the current Courtesy light so when you use your dome light they don't come on. The light only comes on when the door handle comes on. When you walk close to the car the light will come on .. I also only use 4 led lights 2 on each side .. Lots of light output.. I might add one in the rear and on up front. Just wanted to give you guys some ideas

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Looks very good

·
Registered
295 Posts
Not bad at all, that will sure come in handy most when it rains and a low spot just happens to be right where your foot has to go before stepping into the vehicle.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Mine lights up as I approach the vehicle (as you said, current Courtesy light), although I never looked for the light source. Maybe under the mirrors? Then again, after looking at your pictures, those things light up the entire street. They look good.

I'm curious how you got power to them? Did you run a wire from the engine bay fuse box or tap the current Courtesy lights?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeller: The 12v power is under the dash , if you have factor install "infinti door still" you can trace out those wire to the fuse box. I will get some more pictures on how to wire them up. Easy mod, no drilling into the car. I drill in to 2 plastic drain plugs cheaper to repair if needed and doesn't add holes to under the car. I can make a plug and play kit for you guys if wanted....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeller: The 12v power is under the dash , if you have factor install "infinti door still" you can trace out those wire to the fuse box. I will get some more pictures on how to wire them up. Easy mod, no drilling into the car. I drill in to 2 plastic drain plugs cheaper to repair if needed and doesn't add holes to under the car. I can make a plug and play kit for you guys if wanted....
Curious as well, would love to get a more specific how to.

·
Registered
35 Posts
They're called puddle lights. If u search Ebay or Amazon for puddle lights, there's a bunch. That was gonna be one of my projects.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Puddle lights or courtesy lights. Ive seen people call it either. Although most people consider lights under your door or under the side view mirror puddle or courtesy lights too. Ive done this mod on a previous car. I plan on doing this on the QX this weekend. Ill also try to do a write up if no one else has. Should be pretty easy to tap into the wires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone, Am new hear and own a 2014 qx60. I've been following this thread and since its been silent for some time I had to venture out to find some ideas to do this puddle lamp lighted project, or what you may call it. I just found these and appear to be similar if not the same as the ones the thread started used. Great deal too $20..!! .. I will post pics when I install them soon.. Be well ..
8PC Truck Bed White LED Lighting Light Kit for Chevy Dodge GMC Trucks | eBay

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife thought it would also be a great idea, since she gets out of work late in the night, she will feel a little more confidant when the qx lights up the night from below!.

·
Registered
7 Posts
looks awesome!! you did a fantastic job on wiring and installing.

Please can you share how you did it with us??
thanks very much

1 - 20 of 21 Posts