Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Wondering if it is required to turn the seat heating/ventilation dial to the off position before leaving the car?
Manual and videos from Infiniti state this is what needs to be done, and potential for battery to run down?

I only have used the cooling so far and just leave it on max and forget it. Assumed it just shuts off when you turn off the car and leave.

Thanks!
Kris

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi all. Wondering if it is required to turn the seat heating/ventilation dial to the off position before leaving the car?
Manual and videos from Infiniti state this is what needs to be done, and potential for battery to run down?

I only have used the cooling so far and just leave it on max and forget it. Assumed it just shuts off when you turn off the car and leave.

Thanks!
Kris
Just leave it where you want it. Super convenient if you use the remote start in the summer or winter as you can pre-heat or pre-cool the seats.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I don't know what the proper thing to do is - but I don't turn my heating or cooling off on any of my cars that have it. Never had a problem yet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
New member on here, yet to take delivery of my JX35 2013 loaded with all options.
Thought id chime in on this....my thinking is if your leaving heated or cooled seats on while vehicle is off, the next time you go to turn it on....it will put unnecessary drain on your battery, unless you are using the remote start each time.

Similar consensus with turning off the fan before switching the car off. Next time your turn car on, if fan was left on, it will put a load on your vehicle before you start it.

Just my 2 cents....
also does anyone know if the JX35 has an auto start feature if the key fob doesn't have the arrow for it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There's no load before the car starts; that's part of being off.

The accessories (AC/heat/fan) will auto-start but usually there's a brief delay before they do. So the load on the battery is not larger than otherwise needed to start the engine. Also, some devices like the fan ramp up instead of going full-tilt right away. Other accessories like the radio also don't activate for a few seconds.

Don't worry about over-stressing the battery. The days when leaving accessories on when shutting a car off & feeling the effects the next time it is started are over.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts