Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i am in the same boat. Mine has 6k miles and is already acting up. waiting on the dealer to let me know what's the next step.they said that the master tech has to drive it home to duplicate the problem. it really sucks if they have to replace the tranny. you get a new car thinking is gonna last... the funny thing is that when i contacted the dealer for the first time and told the advisor the problem, she said Oh, yea... we have had a lot of issues with the transmissions in the QX60...

·
Registered
225 Posts
I can believe that one person at a dealer has not, personally, seen or heard of the issues. Again, look here and you see "lots" of people with issues, but even if there were 1000 issues reported, here, that's about 1% as almost 100,000 have been produced as far as I can tell. I suspect the number is much less, but you'd not know that from this forum...

For the record, I had a Cadillac whose transmission crapped out and they treated meet like crap. There were lots of similar reports on the web about that model, too. When it happens to you, it seems like the biggest problem in the world, but your were just really unlucky. No product is defect free, but a warranty and a dealer you can trust go a long way toward a good experience.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am not sure how well my nearby dealership will cooperate if such an issue occurs in my vehicle.

I will be getting mine from a 3 hour away dealership because the nearby dealership's are not even close to the OTD price I am getting from another state dealership.. Difference of $2500.

·
Registered
225 Posts
That's fine si long as your local dealers you can trust to work with you should any issues arise. If they are as clueless as the other dealer, though, all service issues will be a pain.

I had a Saab many years ago that was purchased from a dealer that I learned didn't care for anything after the sale. They were pushy during the sale and had the best price. But when I had an issue (transmission/engine, interestingly) they always claimed it was normal and never did anything to fix the problem (this was an issue with running rough at idle where the entire car would shake violently). I got so mad I sold the car after about a year as I could not find another dealer to help me (Saab would do nothing without the dealer involved and mine didn't want to be involved, it seemed).

Others in my family have had numerous Saabs over the years with no serious issues, but mine was "junk". I suspect had I had a good dealer willing to work with me, this would have been resolved and I would have been happy, but as it was, I viewed to never buy another Saab (and now I can't :) )

If you don't feel you can trust the support you'd get from the local dealer, you may never be happy. Maybe wait another week and go back to the local dealer with your offer and see if they will work with you. Also, maybe you are finding out why the other dealer is so much less; they only care about the sale and are otherwise worthless and won't treat you well after it.

All part of the equation of a large purchase.

Good luck.

·
Registered
83 Posts
That's fine si long as your local dealers you can trust to work with you should any issues arise. If they are as clueless as the other dealer, though, all service issues will be a pain.

I had a Saab many years ago that was purchased from a dealer that I learned didn't care for anything after the sale. They were pushy during the sale and had the best price. But when I had an issue (transmission/engine, interestingly) they always claimed it was normal and never did anything to fix the problem (this was an issue with running rough at idle where the entire car would shake violently). I got so mad I sold the car after about a year as I could not find another dealer to help me (Saab would do nothing without the dealer involved and mine didn't want to be involved, it seemed).

Others in my family have had numerous Saabs over the years with no serious issues, but mine was "junk". I suspect had I had a good dealer willing to work with me, this would have been resolved and I would have been happy, but as it was, I viewed to never buy another Saab (and now I can't :) )

If you don't feel you can trust the support you'd get from the local dealer, you may never be happy. Maybe wait another week and go back to the local dealer with your offer and see if they will work with you. Also, maybe you are finding out why the other dealer is so much less; they only care about the sale and are otherwise worthless and won't treat you well after it.

All part of the equation of a large purchase.

Good luck.
Does your state have a Lemon law (e.g. WA's is at General Lemon Law | Washington State) - if the car is <2yrs old and <24,000miles then you might have a way to get into an arbitration. Good luck.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If it’s a slow speed problem and turning issue like jerking it’s the differential coupling but it’s also 1200 dollars to buy without labor. Infiniti has a bulletin about this just type in Infiniti differential coupling and you will find the bulletin. Many people do not know about this issue but the bulletin shows the parts list and everything needed. I installed mine myself fairly easy. Fixed my issues

21 - 26 of 26 Posts