Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed in the std mode that as i slowly accelerate after stopping that the car surges until i let up on the gas. I have a 2015 QX60 with 4,000 miles on it. I don't know if surging is the right word, but it feels like i can't get into a gear. Has anyone experienced this. It can't be right.:(

·
Registered
8 Posts
We are still having the same problem.started at about 4000 miles and continues now at 24000 miles.the dealer continues to dance around them problem with computer reprogram,fluid change and other blame.
We have to fly for my wife's cancer treatments in Houston rather than drive due to undependability of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Still with dealer.they refuse to replace the transmission.they want me to trade it for a newer one and only give me 34500 for it.
We are not happy with infinity at this time!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a 2014 qx60 fwd. I just had my oil changed at 5000 miles and the dealer said they re-programmed and now I notice in std mode the rpm reaches at 6000 before switching to the next gear at about 70 to 75 mph. I can hear the engine revving loudy. I assume this is not normal and probably need to take it to the dealer again?

·
Registered
601 Posts
They want me to trade it for a newer one and only give me 34500 for it.!
Are they suggesting trading it in.

Strange they're not fixing the problem with whatever it takes. Infiniti reimburses the dealership for all warranty work. Hopefully Infiniti Consumer Affairs is able to help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Consumer affairs today refused to help me in any way.They say it doesn't shudder and stall during their test drives.looks like I am stuck with a death trap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The new transmission did the shudder ect after the first week.They were putting another transmission in it but we made a settlement with them for part of our money back and bought a BMW X5 .
Biggest car nightmare ever.Seems they thought it was our fault their transmission was crappy.It almost got us killed twice.
Herrin-grear infinity of Jackson was extremely nice as it wasn't their fault.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did you have it replaced and if so, how long did they have it? I assume that there was no charge for this. My transmission continues to buck in std. mode. Do you happen to have the phone number you called to get this done?

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
This stuff scares me. I just bought a 2015, but only have 300 miles on it.

Waiting for the Infiniti rep to respond.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did anyone call Infinity Consumer Repairs or a government bureau about this? And if so, what number did you call?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Almost close to finalize the deal with a dealership in MD. I did ask about the transmission shudder problem and the rep responded that this is a great vehicle and no such problems have been reported in his knowledge or no articles have been published.. This is making me nervous!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Infiniti rep said that? Then that means the phone number you called is worthless. It's fine to say issues are rare, but they must certainly have been reported. But if there is no TSB on it, or other "article" so that could correct... I do believe this to be the case.

But don't be nervous... That's what warranties are for and the problem is rare... People will say otherwise based on anecdotal evidence, but it seems that it's not like 10% of vehicles have issues... Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry... The rep at the dealership said not even a single customer of him has reported this problem.

Thanks for sharing your view.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts