Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I know the build date because we clicked the boxes of what we wanted, printed it, and the dealer ordered it. He sent us periodic updates of its progress. But as I recall, the build date is on a label on the door post(?)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I know the build date because we clicked the boxes of what we wanted, printed it, and the dealer ordered it. He sent us periodic updates of its progress. But as I recall, the build date is on a label on the door post(?)
I looked on my 2015 QX60 driver side door, and no info on date.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my qx60 was built on 2/15 . now it has started the issue around 20mph. the car has 6k. Tomorrow i will be taking it back for the 2nd time to the dealer to see if they can duplicate the issue. they had it for a whole week and told me that there was no issue that the shakes at low speed supposed to be normal...... and also there is a loud noise coming from the transmission when the front wheels are up in the air, will see what they will tell me this time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Leased a QX60 in October 2014 (2014 model obviously). I do not have the shudder problem, but about every few months the car is back at the dealer. Issues I've had: tailgate didn't stay open, humming sound in AC/heat blower (twice), poor gas mileage (14 mpg), door panel that got detached.

Before the QX60 I owned a 2005 FX35 and I can't begin to describe the reliability problems I had with this car. The only reasons I stayed with Infinity were:
1. We got a grade trade-in deal
2. Leasing. That means after 39 months it's someone else headache
3. My wife loves the 3rd row access where you don't have to detach the car seat.

I'll never buy an Infinity ever again, maybe another lease, and CR is completely right that the reliability is poor on these cars. Don't get me wrong, I love the car itself but Nissan really dropped the ball on this one. Sorry for the rant.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Evidently not. My 2015 QX60 is at the shop for more than a week for shuddering problem. They tell me it is defective valve. I hope it fixes the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my qx60 was built on 2/15 . now it has started the issue around 20mph. the car has 6k. Tomorrow i will be taking it back for the 2nd time to the dealer to see if they can duplicate the issue. they had it for a whole week and told me that there was no issue that the shakes at low speed supposed to be normal...... and also there is a loud noise coming from the transmission when the front wheels are up in the air, will see what they will tell me this time.
In my case, they are going to replace the transmission valve. I'll have to wait and see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had 2013 JX bought in June of 2013. No transmission problem. Just trade-in for a 11/15 production QX60. It seems like JX was much more aggressive while driving and QX60 is more smooth. My JX had about 36000 when I traded-in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In my case, they are going to replace the transmission valve. I'll have to wait and see.
Did the valve replacement correct the issue that you were having? My dealer has ordered the valve and scheduled to replace the part next week.
Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had an JX for about 3 years that had constant transmission shudder issues. On our third service visit they decided to replace the transmission, which seemed to correct the problem (after driving with the shudders for nearly three years). We were pretty frustrated and ultimately asked Infiniti to buy the vehicle back under CA Lemon Law, which they did. We liked the rest of the vehicle so much that we are now actually considering purchasing a 2016 QX60 or waiting for the 2017s to arrive.

Has anyone here seen the transmission issues with a 2016 vehicle? Can I feel comfortable that the issue has been fixed for 2016 and later?

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
I have the 2016 QX60 and it has been perfect. Never had the shutter problem on the JX35 either. I like the changes to the 2016. I'm getting 26.0 MPG on long trips. The 2017 model has more horsepower with the same size engine but will get a few MPGs less. The main differences I can see for 2017 is the new Infotainment system, and the wave your foot under the back tailgate to open the hatch. I fully priced it out and it is now over the $60K amount fully loaded. I don't regret buying the 2016 model. I do like the longer range on a tank of gas. I feel the 265 HP is just fine for my needs.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
There were several factors that made me want to trade in. My wife and I were at the dealership for service and ran into our former salesman who is now one of their sales managers. The dealership was in the final phases of a major remodel and business had been slow for several months. Being it was the end of the month, they were eager to sell cars. They offered us high Nada Guides trade in, gave us 0% financing (we were at a much higher rate since we purchased the JX when it was brand new) and honored Circle Infiniti of New Jersey's rock bottom cost for the 120K warranty (originally our dealership did not offer an Infiniti warranty but a third party warranty). Fully loaded out the door we paid $54K for the QX60 and lowered our payment by over $200 per month.

We loved the JX and knew we were going to take another cross country trip next year. I originally planned on keeping the JX long term, but with the offer we received and all the enhancements on the 2016 model, it just made sense to us to make the deal. I've noticed the car rides better and has improved handling on the back roads. Its also quieter. As much as I would have liked the newer telematics system, I do like the system in the 2016 model and like the increased fuel milage. We just took a 300 mile trip and achieved 26.4 MPG.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We have a 2013 JX35 with 90K miles. The transmission shudder started about 10K miles ago. It sounds very consistent with all the other complaints of transmission shudder. It is usually when it is going out first thing in the morning (cold vs hot), more often going up hill or accelerating. It is very startling to my wife.

We took it to the dealer twice and even inquired about the class action lawsuit. Each time they gave it back and politely said there was no problem found and they could not reproduce it. It is intermittent, but happens often enough to lose all confidence in the safety of the vehicle. The best part of the service experience was they said, "the computer code didn't trigger, so it didn't shudder" -- like the issue is all in our heads.

We don't usually keep a vehicle 90K miles, so we are shopping for new 7-seat SUVs. We definitely won't be buying another Infiniti. They continue to state there was no problem with the CVT transmission, even after settling the class action suit, which means that they didn't do enough to fix the problem. Ours didn't happen until 90K miles. We've had loads of other issues with this car as well. Struts went out. Wheel bearings. Manifold leaks.

We are comparing to the Mercedes GLS, Audi Q7, Volvo, and the new Discovery coming out. None are perfect for our needs, but the experience on this Infiniti was dismal.

I registered and posted, hoping this can better inform future buyers or open up the conversation for Infiniti to take more ownership of quality.

·
Premium Member
570 Posts
Some dealerships are much better at trying to solve issues such as the one you mentioned. Very disappointing however. Personally if I were to purchase a similar vehicle to the QX60, I'd take a very hard look and the Volvo XC90. We test drove the XC60 which will soon be updated similar to the XC90. Very nice car overall. I've been happy with the JX35 and now the 2016 QX60 and haven't experienced any quality issues that haven't been taken care of by the dealership. Have you contacted Infiniti Consumer Affairs with your concerns?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Took my 2014 QX60, 37500 miles, in for 2 recall campaigns: R1606 - OCS module replacement and PC501 - CVT reprogram;adding diagnostic to program.
I've not encountered the CVT issues above as noted by multiple folks on this thread.
I also received mail from Infiniti Consumer Affairs they have extended the warranty on the CVT transmission assembly(includes internal CVT components, gaskets, seals, CVT control valve body and torque converter) from 6yrs/70k to 8yrs/96k for my vehicle.

·
Registered
3 Posts
dear All
i have small company you can call it start up!!
i buy 7 infiniti qx60 first year after using them 6 or 8 month all drivers come to me and complain about the cars i take them to infiniti service center after long fights they changed for me all cvt transmission and services them i have all cervices list what they done.
yesterday 2 cars start having same issue like before, what i need to do i dont know warranty finish as cars mileage more then 200k.
i am calling infinity international they are not answering.
i just open business and now i need to close it with loss.
who know what i need to do? and if cars used less them 3 years but mileage finished infiniti still need to fix this issue?
also infiniti already know that cvt gear box have problem do they need to fix this cars?

any suggestion that helps me please send it. i have already take lawyer and working on opening case against infiniti that they are sealing cars with factory defect. and already give to cars for very repudiated company getting reports soon.
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just took my 2014 QX60 with 90k to Dealers and had them perform CVT software update. So far so good. No Shudder/Vibrations immediately after the update. I was experiencing it frequently while driving. Wait and see if it comes back.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts