Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
2014 QX60 with 20k miles... I thought I was lucky to not be a victim of the shudder (usually the shudder happens within the first few thousand miles) but the day finally came.... around 30 mph is when I get the shudder. but it is only happening sporadically, about once or twice a day...

so if i take it in to the dealer now, the shudder most likely won't be reproduced.

I also noticed that it happens more when I have the drive style to ECON instead of NORMAL or SPORT. seems like it chokes on trying to find the right gear at around 30mph....

on my next oil change, i'll ask the dealer about a software update, and hopefully it solves the issue.

· Registered
61 Posts
bringing it in tomorrow morning to have it looked at....
the shudder is starting to happen more frequently now.. on a 5 mile drive, it happened 5 times....

the passenger seat airbag sensor has been defective since day one, I'll ask them to take a look at that as well...

· Registered
61 Posts
took the QX60 in this morning...

they hooked it up to a computer and let it run for about 30 minutes while monitoring the engine/transmission behavior... after the test, the computer says "replace transmission"....

service rep was very professional and wasted no time in ordering the new transmission which will arrive tomorrow...

got me a loaner QX60 to drive around, no shudder and feels alot more powerful than my 2014.... (assuming the loaner is a 2015, it has 7k miles on it)

hopefully the new tranny will do the trick... i'm planning on keeping this QX60 for many years on the road!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.