Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 QX60 and my transmission is shot. I have the stuttering problem that the 2013/2014 cars had, so it was not fixed for my year. I only have 23,000 km on it here in Canada, so I am very upset. From what I have read, even if you get the issue fixed or you get a completely new transmission, the problem isn’t eliminated. It is a very scary issue as your car can stop out of nowhere. I don’t know what to do. I want to get rid of my car as I have 2 young children and I bought this car initially for its safety features. What have people heard about a replacement transmission also causing issues? Should I just cut my losses and get rid of this car?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 and went through this. They replaced the torque converter twice and when that didn’t fix the issue they replaced my transmission. This was two months ago and I haven’t had any issues since (about 7k miles since). The dealer I went to was very aware of this issue and took care of everything easily and quickly.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My understanding -- the CVT transmissions were reduced every year of production, but they still occur.

No car is perfect and statistically you're unlikely to actually have a "bad" unit (I know -- great to hear if you're the guy that jumped on a grenade for the other ten) for every transmission failure at 23k you have ten units that hit 200k on the first transmission. This however, is one of the "issues" with the Pathfinder/JX/QX60. Its well documented and most dealers have pretty extensive experience working with it.

Curious -- is your car outside during the winter or is the garage heated? I read somewhere (I wanna say Pathfinder forums) extreme cold followed by load and heat temperature don't play well with the transmission.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2015 QX60 took mine in for stuttering they did a computer upgrade and it's been super smooth - last week I drove to and from Houston to San Antonio with no hiccups.

It was covered under warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had a 2014 QX60 that I purchased new and took to Infiniti for sudden inability to accelerate the car on right turns mostly creating a serious risk of accident. They duplicated the problem after denying it was an issue a few times. They were ultimately unable to fix the car and said it was a "known characteristic of the car" and it was not a problem they could fix. The dealership told me to trade it in for 2018 and the loaner had similar issue. The car is dangerous. I traded mine in for an Acura MDX so I would feel safe driving again. Infiniti doesn't car for people. Praying no one seriously gets hurt.

BTW, I know of many QX60 owners have the same issues. THE CVT TRANSMISSION is crap but the driver assist is even worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am interested in your comment re “many QX60 people with the same issue” bc I just picked up my QX60 from the Infiniti dealer and they had entered this comment on the dealer’s invoice “no TSB’s or related cases throughout the nation.” They had my car for a week and a half and were unable to duplicate the stuttering issue.
They conclude I drive with two feet and confuse the tranny. Interesting conclusion?? Maybe so. We shall see.

·
Registered
104 Posts
2015 here - 15K miles. No CVT issues to report.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts