Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

Transcoding videos for full screen USB drive playback on QX60

8K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  vgekhman 
Just spent a few hours figuring out the right concoction of ffmpeg arguments for transcoding my collection of digital videos for playback on our new 2014 QX60. This results in full screen (i.e. no black bars) playback, at full res. I've thrown MKVs, MP4s, AVIs (DivX, Xvid), and about 18 movies so far at it and all have resulted in perfect support.

ffmpeg -i <input file name> -y -threads 2 -vtag DIVX -f avi -vcodec mpeg4 -b:v 1071000 -aspect 16:9 -s 720x480 -r ntsc-film -g 240 -qmin 2 -qmax 9 -acodec mp3 -ab 128000 -ar 48000 -ac 2 -benchmark <output file name>

All the software I could find to do it either resulted in black bars, was Windows only (I use a Mac, though the above ffmpeg command should work on any supported platform: Windows, Linux, BSD, etc. assuming ffmpeg was compiled w/ the right codec support), or cost $$$ (which I'm cheap and didn't feel like spending).
Oh that's great. I recently did used DivX converter that was downloaded via divx.com and used the Home Theater option. It ouputs 720x480 max and select the audio tracks and subtitles I want. I can select multiple video files for it to decode one after another. Another great option without having to type anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.