Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Picked up a 2014 Infiniti QX60 on Saturday, 2/24/18. Certified, with 35000 miles. Drove the vehicle home Saturday , which was about 50 miles from dealership, drove great, loved it. Had it out Sunday, and pulling out from a red light onto the high way, I though I ran into a earthquake. Car shuddered terribly for about 4 or 5 seconds rounding the turn. So much for thinking I love this car. Monday got on the phone with service and will be taking it in Tomorrow morning at 8 to have them look at it. Did lots of reading and research on this tranny and shudder trouble. Seen all the posts on possible fixes and programming updates. Hoping that they can straightened this out for me. This is my first infiniti, hopefully its not my last. Any advise for me as I head to service would be greatly appreciated. Ill post how I make out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Took it to dealership this morning. Installed the computer upgrade according to the recall 501. Now I guess its a wait and see situation. Dealership didn't impress me with their knowledge of this issue. Downplayed the entire issue. We shall see how this ends up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Your tranny is getting ready to die. I’ve got a JX35. Mine had thier 1st gen tranny. Yours is a second gen tranny. Both are known to die early. Nissan knows this and that’s why thier is a third gen tranny now. Mine has the third gen tranny in it.

When they replaced mine my tech told me to never use but two of the settings. He said that switching the settings a lot causes a glitch in the computer. It will mess up the shift patterns. He told me to only use the sport setting and the snow setting when needed.

BUT mine shuddered a lot before it died. Only saying.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts