Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took it to the dealer 10/11, they called today and said "having problems updating software, calling Infiniti for guidance" keep the loaner for now and we will keep you updated. Wow the car is only a month old.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Wow that's crazy. I also just picked up 2015 AWD 10 days ago. No issues yet- and hope to never have any. Good Luck- I hope they fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked up my 2015 AWD QX60 about a month and a half ago and noticed the shuddering approximately 2 weeks in. Took the car back to the dealer and they found a faulty solenoid valve upon doing a scan. Dealer was prompt to replace the valve and the car has been driving well since w/o any signs of shuddering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Same Shuddering issue with QX60 2015 at low speeds (20-30 mph).
The dealership ran some diagnostics after repeated complaining. The result came back with P17F1 failed.
They replaced the transmission valve body assembly ( not sure what that means ). I have had the car back for 3 days, it drives better but I still feel the shudder.
Taking it back again. I am regretting my decision on buying this car. I feel miserable at the moment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The dealership ran some diagnostics after repeated complaining. The result came back with P17F1 failed.
They replaced the transmission valve body assembly ( not sure what that means ). I have had the car back for 3 days, it drives better but I still feel the shudder.
Taking it back again. I am regretting my decision on buying this car. I feel miserable at the moment.
How widespread is this problem for QX60. I found a lot of threads in this forum for this problem happening on 2014 models and thought that Infiniti fixed it for later models but in last 2 days in this forum there are 3 people reporting the same issue for 2015 models.

·
Registered
2 Posts

I didn't have any further shuddering issues w/ the CVT after the solenoid valve was replaced. Just traded in the 2015 for a 2017 about 3 weeks ago. I had put on just over 26000km (16000miles?) on my old 2015 before the trade.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just saw this from other pathfinder forum...I am wondering this would apply for our vehicles as well.

08-12-2014, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Volstang

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Recall coming soon for CVT!!!
Just had a meeting with a DTS from Southeast region regarding my judder issue. He said Nissan engineers just finished up testing at the end of July for new CVT and have not been able to recreate any issues with it and that a RECALL is coming in the next month or two. It will affect 13 and 14 Pathfinder. He said he wasn't sure about Altima but since it has the same CVT for the V6 that he couldn't see it being out of scope. He said CEO gave engineering team a "Fix this or else..." ultimatum on this CVT issue and tired of the damage to the brand that this issue has created. Said that recall notices will go out and also the VINs will be flagged when people come in for service. Hopefully the end is near on all this CVT drama!

·
Registered
13 Posts
If memory serves, the judder is applicable to some 2013 JX35's and some 2014-2015 QX60's.

If you think you felt it, you go in, they do some sort of software update.

Then, if after that and there's a code, then they look at replacing the valve body.

Had a 2015 with 36,000 miles on it with zero issues. Just picked up my 2017 two days ago.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts