Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2023 QX60 AWD Autograph, White with Saddle Brown interior
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an AWD 2023 QX60 with factory tow package. The trailer hitch design is so tight that none of my standard trailer hitch pins with cotter pins will fit. Fortunately, I have one lockable hitch pin with a very small safety clip that I can barely squeeze in and make it work. Does any one know of a locking trailer hitch pin that works well with the factory tow package on a Sensory or Autograph model?

The problem is that the space available around the hitch area is too small. The holes for the safety chains to be linked are too close and a regular hitch pin can’t rotate far enough to let the cotter pin hole aligned so a cotter pin can be inserted. The angle is too steep and clearance with bumper is insufficient.

My locking trailer hitch pin has a push button locking cap that barely fits (head is bigger than the pin itself and barely room for its diameter). Also, the small safety cotter pin from it fits but I have to really work at getting it in. There is also almost no room to get the key onto the locking pin to unlock it so overall process takes way more time than it should!
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Fluid

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I cannot get a regular cotter pin to fit in mine. The bend in the arm hits the metal plate where the chains connect or the upper bumper before the shaft can turn sufficiently horizontal for the cotter pin to be inserted. I did however find a locking pin that works great. Purchased it from Amazon. It is the:
Master Lock Receiver Lock, Stainless Steel Barbell™ Receiver Lock, Fits 5/8 in. Receivers, Weather Resistant Automotive Receiver Lock, 1469DAT
Bicycle part Tool Font Auto part Gas

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoglaw - Do you have an Autograph or Sensory model AWD? My 2023 in an Autograph AWD. I wonder if the approach they take for the hitch area when vehicle includes the sensor for foot activation of the rear hatch is different than other models? I've never seen a vehicle where the hitch receiver area is so limited for connecting pins. I have something that works now and we love the vehicle so I'm happy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts