Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

61 - 80 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just scheduled to have the dealer install a trailer hitch on my 2016. Cost will be $825. I was thinking about going a cheaper route but I think the look of the dealer install looks so much better and I don't trust myself to cut into the bumper. I will update on how it comes out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just installed the draw-tite hitch and custom wiring for 150.00 (free shipping) no cutting required and takes 90 minutes for both with extra set of hands.

Sorry can't post links yet, go to etrailer.com

My 2017 is already pre-wired so its just plug and play ( see video for wiring)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks !!!

I finally got the 999T5R4190 from my dealer, and got everything installed.

So the 3 parts needed for 2016 are definitely:
999T5RZ100 Tow Hitch
999T8YZ100 Wiring Harness Kit
999T5R4190 Tow Hitch Finisher

The new finisher for 2016 covers the whole matte gray section.

At the time I did the install, the instructions for the new finisher were not online yet, so I referenced the instructions for the old version (999T5RZ040) which sorta matched.

During the install, part of me thought I may be getting in over my head cutting that big hole in the bumper, but I ignored myself and it all turned out great.

One thing I would advise on the install is when you are attaching the template to cut out the hole, make sure the left and right outer round holes on the bottom of the cutting template are lined up EXACTLY with the holes in your bumper. I put a bolt with the right diameter in each hole through the template and the bumper to make sure this stayed aligned.

As you can see in the photos, there is a small perimeter of the old matte gray bumper that you can see after the finisher is installed, so you'll want the finisher to line up exactly all along the top and both sides.

Good luck!
Thanks! The part numbers were really helpful. I ordered all 3 parts and spent last Sunday installing. Took me nearly 6 hours though. Half of that time was spent on reading / re-reading step-by-step instructions, collecting tools and improvising when I didn't have the right reciprocal saw. (mine was too big). I ended up using a dremel tool to cut the hole in the bumper. That worked out beautifully.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know if theres a difference between the 2016 and 2014 rear bumper? Im interested in doing a factory look hitch install and it seems that the part number for the hitch finisher 999T5R4190 claims it doesn't fit the 2014? I thought the bumpers were the same.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purcilas, I think you'll find the trailer wiring behind the bumper. You'll will need to buy a wiring kit to plug into the end of the harness behind the bumper.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am considering to purchase a 2017 QX60 with deluxe technology package. My dealership told me that they need to replace the sensor to open the lift gate if i want to install the infiniti tow hitch as it will be also cut while they cut the bumper. Is this true? Any one in this forum have installed the infniti hitch on a qx60 with deluxe technology package? Can you please share your experience here. Do you have to replace the sensor as well?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes, I have the OEM tow hitch as well as the remote hatch lift and nothing was relocated as far as I'm aware and both work fine
Thanks mikekilo, in my case dealer is saying that the sensor for hatch lift needs to be replaced. Glad to know that you can still install the OEM hitch without replacing/relocating the sensor. If you dont mind , can you please share the cost of parts and labor for installing the hitch?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks mikekilo, in my case dealer is saying that the sensor for hatch lift needs to be replaced. Glad to know that you can still install the OEM hitch without replacing/relocating the sensor. If you dont mind , can you please share the cost of parts and labor for installing the hitch?

Sorry not sure how much it cost as I had it done as part of the purchase I k ow they had to replace part of the number Dacia but nothing to do with the sensor as far as I’m aware

·
Registered
11 Posts
Installed myself....Cost me $180 for the hitch and cable from Ebay. Super easy, took about couple hours if you are not running into any issue with your threads on the frame.....Mine had some rust on it, i need to re tapped and it works like champ. Cable came with the hitch is easy to hook up, just remove the back of your trunk and get to it (left side plug and play).

Link from ebay: FITS 2013-2017 NISSAN PATHFINDER CLASS 3 TRAILER HITCH & WIRING 2" sq 76031
(item # 112556845320 )

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a fairly new Draw-tite hitch w/ necessary mounting bolts & washers that I purchased online which I no longer need. If anyone is interested, you could get it off of me for a fair price. I live in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, NY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Consider going into a Nissan Dealership. The QX60 shared the same frame design with the Pathfinder. I had mine done by a Nissan dealership and for the same parts installed it was cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pill Roller

·
Registered
71 Posts
$104 shipping included from Etrailer about 25 min to install 6-bolts and remove one tow hook. You will either need a friend to help hold it up in place to attach one bolt each side or a good floor jack. Weighs about 40lbs, so a little ungainly to handle alone. It is a Draw-Tight unit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Sounds like a good deal. But what about the electrical?

·
Registered
55 Posts
$104 shipping included from Etrailer about 25 min to install 6-bolts and remove one tow hook. You will either need a friend to help hold it up in place to attach one bolt each side or a good floor jack. Weighs about 40lbs, so a little ungainly to handle alone. It is a Draw-Tight unit.
I ordered this yesterday and plan to install this weekend. Didn’t get the wiring as we’re only using it for a hitch cargo carrier. Looks pretty straight forward and the video on the etrailer site is helpful.

Originally bought a rooftop carrier and then realized how big of a pain it would be to put anything up there.

61 - 80 of 87 Posts