Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

41 - 60 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I returned 999T5RZ040 to my dealer. They did some research, and have now ordered PN 999T5R4190. Same description 'TOW HITCH FINISHER'.
Thanks for the information. I just yesterday bought a 2016 QX60 and was planning to order the parts while Infiniti has the 25% off sale on their parts website.

I can not find 999T5R4190 on Infiniti website, how did you order it?

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
If you don't plan to actually tow anything (just put bikes back there), you can save a lot of trouble and not install the wiring harness. That's the most time consuming and challenging part of the install.

Oh, and it should go without saying, measure two or three times with the included pattern before cutting up your lower bumper.

That wrong part number threw us on the first one we did too. For some reason it is confusing in the computer for the parts department.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where did you get the cover for the hitch? I had the dealer send mine to Nissan to install since we live hours from Infiniti dealer and Nissan damaged my bumper. They now have to replace the bumper. I'm so bummed!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Responding to my own post. The tow hitch finisher 999T5R4190 for the 2016 QX60 is now on the Infiniti website.

with the 25% coupon on Infiniti's website you can buy all three needed parts for $307.50+tax with free parts pickup. I called a few dealers and they will install it for $400-500. So about $700-$800 installed is not too bad. I am not daring enough to install it myself.

·
Registered
2 Posts
2016 Install Pic

I finally got the 999T5R4190 from my dealer, and got everything installed.

So the 3 parts needed for 2016 are definitely:
999T5RZ100 Tow Hitch
999T8YZ100 Wiring Harness Kit
999T5R4190 Tow Hitch Finisher

The new finisher for 2016 covers the whole matte gray section.

At the time I did the install, the instructions for the new finisher were not online yet, so I referenced the instructions for the old version (999T5RZ040) which sorta matched.

During the install, part of me thought I may be getting in over my head cutting that big hole in the bumper, but I ignored myself and it all turned out great.

One thing I would advise on the install is when you are attaching the template to cut out the hole, make sure the left and right outer round holes on the bottom of the cutting template are lined up EXACTLY with the holes in your bumper. I put a bolt with the right diameter in each hole through the template and the bumper to make sure this stayed aligned.

As you can see in the photos, there is a small perimeter of the old matte gray bumper that you can see after the finisher is installed, so you'll want the finisher to line up exactly all along the top and both sides.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
I finally got the 999T5R4190 from my dealer, and got everything installed.

So the 3 parts needed for 2016 are definitely:
999T5RZ100 Tow Hitch
999T8YZ100 Wiring Harness Kit
999T5R4190 Tow Hitch Finisher

The new finisher for 2016 covers the whole matte gray section.

At the time I did the install, the instructions for the new finisher were not online yet, so I referenced the instructions for the old version (999T5RZ040) which sorta matched.

During the install, part of me thought I may be getting in over my head cutting that big hole in the bumper, but I ignored myself and it all turned out great.

One thing I would advise on the install is when you are attaching the template to cut out the hole, make sure the left and right outer round holes on the bottom of the cutting template are lined up EXACTLY with the holes in your bumper. I put a bolt with the right diameter in each hole through the template and the bumper to make sure this stayed aligned.

As you can see in the photos, there is a small perimeter of the old matte gray bumper that you can see after the finisher is installed, so you'll want the finisher to line up exactly all along the top and both sides.

Good luck!
How did your finisher get installed. When I did mine (2016), it did not glue properly to the gray bumper part. I notice small gap between finisher and bumper near the lower curves where they had the glue pads. Not sure if I can remove it and fix it again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you guys are looking for a hitch that's VERY easy to install, holds 6k pounds and doesnt require trimming the bumper, go for the draw-tite hitch. I found it on autoanything for 106 bucks shipped. Even came with the needed bolts to mount.

I was able to install it myself in about half an hour. I used 2 jacks to prop it up from the front and from the right, while i bolted the left side. Then moved to the right side and bolted it down. 100% doesnt need to have any part of the bumper trimmed.

·
Registered
200 Posts
If you guys are looking for a hitch that's VERY easy to install, holds 6k pounds and doesnt require trimming the bumper, go for the draw-tite hitch. I found it on autoanything for 106 bucks shipped. Even came with the needed bolts to mount.

I was able to install it myself in about half an hour. I used 2 jacks to prop it up from the front and from the right, while i bolted the left side. Then moved to the right side and bolted it down. 100% doesnt need to have any part of the bumper trimmed.
thats good to hear, would you mind sharing pictures? i just need a hitch for bike rack, if it looks good i might go with cheaper route.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I should have thought of that. When I brought up, my dealer told me to get one of those after market ones. I do like the looks of OEM but can't spend $1400 to get it installed to lug bikes 3/4 times a year.

I think this should be standard item like Infiniti has it on the Canadian version.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Agreed. Knew I needed it for the same reason so forced it into the mix. Only other thing I knew I would be happy with would have been one of those hidden hitches that you see on audis and volvos

·
Registered
1 Posts
Travel Trailer question

Has anyone tried towing anything larger than a u-haul trailer with their QX60? I want to go on a US Roadtrip with a travel trailer. Something 16-18 ft long, around 3500 lb's. Any advice or thoughts?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Has anyone tried towing anything larger than a u-haul trailer with their QX60? I want to go on a US Roadtrip with a travel trailer. Something 16-18 ft long, around 3500 lb's. Any advice or thoughts?
3500lbs is the limit for the qx60 and you really shouldn't be pushing it to the limit. Also remember to account for all the "stuff" you take when you travel that long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Also depends on the elevation you plan of traveling. Lot's of hill will be that much harder on the engine/transmission. Another factor to consider is payload of the QX60, you have to factor tongue weight, people and equipment as well. We have a 30' tow behind TT (@7000lbs) and yes, our F150 could tow it but add some bikes, kayaks, firewood and family, we were well over the 1400lb payload capacity. Moved to a Chevy 2500 HD, not an issue anymore. What about a pop-up or similar?

41 - 60 of 87 Posts