Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am at 42,500miles on the OE Toyo’s and definitely will not purchase a new set, as the miles have gone up they have become very greasy and inspire no confidence. I hit a small (20’) wet/icy patch this am and thought I was going to do a 360. At my miles the wear bars are not screaming take me off, but my ass is saying get them outta here. Shopping now any suggestions? Gratefully accepted

·
Registered
6 Posts
Toyo tires wore out early

After only 19,000 miles, the Toyo tires on my Infiniti QX60 wore out.

The dealer offered Pirelli scorpion for $1200. Bought the same tires are Discount Tire for 800

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe, I feel your pain, the toyo's just don't seem to have what I am after. I drive a lot 40k average a year so buying tires is a habit, I have bought 10 sets from the Tire Rack, 4 from Discount Tire as well as 5 sets thru Town Fair Tire. I only use the dealer as a price reference, as well as one other independent that I have used in the local area. I would have dumped these sooner but I guess I'm too cheap.
Regards

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update, I drove in 4” of fresh wet snow tonight here in 02347. These tires really have no redeeming qualities at this mileage new rubber tomorrow

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Replaced with Sumitomo enhance htr C/X in the stock size, 235-65/18 thus begins the 18month march to their demise reports to follow $197.21 installed price includes 4-wheel alignment(car was way out of spec) and lifetime everything TownFair Tire mileage on vehicle 43096

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve driven about 6500 miles since install rotated once, no adverse signs of wear. Quiet solid tire, actually wishing for snow so I will report when I get a decent drop on their bad weather abilities

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Toyo tires wore out after 30K got a set of Michelin Latitude Tour HP and omg these tires are amazing, really helped with the body roll in turns and takes rain and water puddles like it was nothing. Haven’t tested them in snow yet. With the Toyo I didn’t feel confident doing 60mph in the rain but with these Michelin I could do 80mph in the rain easy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes I read that as well, my ‘17 qx60 just rolled thru 50k miles, and I am in the storm of the century range as told by every meteorologist in New England, so I hope I will have a good overall performance report by Tuesday. Go Pats

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Traveled about 10 miles today in anywhere from2-8” of fresh snow the car handled very well and the tires were a confidence inspiration. Went where it was pointed, stopped and started as required. Sumitomo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Glad the Sumitomos are working for you. To me, that's more important than how many miles they last. IMO, there are very few tires, if any, that work well and remain quiet after 40K miles.

I had considered the Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus and the Continental Cross Contact LX20, both good all-around tires. But a TireRack.com guy and my local Discount Tire guy agreed the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires would be a little better in the snow. And that was critical with our 2WD vehicle. Even though we live in N. Texas, we tend to drive through snow county during the winter (CO and northern NM and AZ). And heck, just this past month we had to drive through a snow storm that blanketed ~150 miles of highway 287 in NW Texas.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Mike interested to hear how the Michelin’s are in the snow if you face any, I did about a 3hour stretch in 3-5” of sloppy wet snow today good traction from a stop uphill or flat very good directional control even under full lock on the brakes. Sumitomo enhance C/X

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Sumitomo’s are behaving very well here in the snow of New England now that we’ve gotten some. They are a very secure handling tire in the snow and slop, I will continue to update as the miles pile up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Sumitomo’s are behaving very well here in the snow of New England now that we’ve gotten some. They are a very secure handling tire in the snow and slop, I will continue to update as the miles pile up.
That's good to know. Is your car FWD or AWD?

I think you read my comments in another thread about the snow performance of my Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires. Right? In a word, they worked great.

They are currently at approx 8K miles and doing well. No noise, imbalance, or poor behavior yet, but I think they "whine" a bit louder than the OE Toyo tires on some concrete roads. Also, I suspect the steering response would be quicker with the Pirellis, but not sure how well those would work in snow.

On another note, I actually sold the four take-off Toyos for $75 to a guy with an older Pathfinder. Beats the heck out of giving them to the tire store.

Like you, I'll continue to report back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My ‘17 is awd, currently have about 27k on these Sumitomo tires. Solid handling, good traction, wearing well. As my mileage piles up I will probably need a new set of ?? Something by January.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thumbs down on Toyo tires

Couldn’t get even 24k miles on the set and had to replace them as I knew they wouldn’t last the end of the lease term. Wet traction was poor. Went to Costco and picked up a set of BF Goodrich Advantage T/As and couldn’t be happier. Terrific traction and quieter—much more so than the Toyos, and the BFG’s had a much more aggressive tread pattern.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Currently north of 43k miles on these tires and I find them to be as good as originally reported, we got snow here Monday and they handled all situations exactly the way you would want them too Sumitomo Enhance HTR C/X

1 - 20 of 27 Posts