Infiniti QX60 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2017 QX60 AWD with 25K miles and OEM tires down to 5/32". As I'm in northern New England (snow country), dealer is recommending new tires before winter. They have quoted the following including align/mount/balance/tax/etc:

Atlas Touring Plus II BW--663.20
Geotour P/C BW-- 682.40
(*) Hankook Dynapro HP2 RA33 BW-- 761.40
(*) Yokohama Geolandar G055 BW-- 807.00
(*) Pirelli Scorpion Verde A/S Plus BW-- 804.00
Goodyear Assurance Maxlife-- 1000.00
Goodyear Assurance Comfortred Tour-- 1060.00
Michelin Latitude Tour HP-- 1355.00

(*) Buy 3 get 1 promotion through September only

Based on other tire threads, seems like I should avoid Pirellis due to snow.

What's my best bet for a quiet ride in a long-lasting year-round tire?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Look for a tire with 'all-weather' designation rather than 'all-season', those are better suited for the snow. Also, Nokian brand is frequently mentioned on the web as the year-round tire with snow abilities. I don't have any firsthand experince with either, though, as I run snow tires mid-November through April.

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I take it you aren't interested in having two sets of tires and having real snow tires? If that's the case, get the ones with lots of sipes in them. And I'm going to assume you have 18" wheels, not the 20's. From that list of brands, I'd get Goodyear Assurance Weatherready if you can. I like the look of the Michelin LTX also (lots of sipes). But I'd recommend real snow tires.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Sinecure and just_phil. Correct, 18". Prefer avoiding the hassle of switching the tires out, even if just a couple of times a year. Have had pretty good luck with year-rounds in former car, so hoping it won't be an issue with the QX, although surprised the OEMs only lasted 25K. Will see what tire specials dealer runs for next month; hopefully the Weatherreadys will make the list.

·
Registered
2016 QX60
16 Posts
We have Goodyear Assurance tripletreads on now (18”) . Neither my wife nor I liked their wet weather performance which surprised me, would have thought uni directional tires would do better in the wet. They’ve been pretty good so far in the 3 or 4 inches of snow and ice this year, no surprises, but I’ll go back to Vredestein Quatrac Pro next time round. Had those on several fwd vehicles and it was almost annoying how difficult those tires made a hand brake 180 in snow - too much traction!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts