Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! New to the forum. Wish I had known about it 3 years ago! We purchased our 2014 qx60 in November 2013. Shortly after purchase we noticed the fuel range was acting nuts. Typically it didnt happen until we got to half a tank but it would go from 120 mte to 30 and your gas light would click on within seconds. It is beyond frustrating. The dealer told me then it was a glitch and as soon as the update came out for the computer they would fix it. 3 years later, still no update and same issues. I also experience the shuddering from time to time and there have been a few issues where the radio stations changed on its own (very rare but happened and freaked us all out, lol). Now we are at almost 60k miles and am wondering if I should trade it in before anything gets "worse?" Anyone had any real issues beyond 60k miles? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
475 Posts
That is a personal choice, and is dependent on your unique situation. If it was me, the first question I would ask is how much do I owe on the vehicle? The next question is what are 2014 QX60s selling for with similar mileage in my area (do a true car search). Whatever the median sale price is, subtract $5-$6k off that price and that is what you can expect to negotiate for your trade. Is this amount less than you owe? If no, You will need to add that difference to the sales price of vehicle you want to purchase, plus tax, title, license, and dealership fees. So the next question to ask is what is the max amount you can afford to purchase, or finance per month--which will depend on the interest rate you get, and the number of monthly payments to repay the loan. If you lease, it is the same calculus (plus an excess mileage charge if you're over the mileage limit). Bottom line is, if you owe more than you can get by trading it in, you're going to have to add the difference to the sales price of the new vehicle.

Is that difference more than what you'd expect to pay on a major repair? If yes, perhaps you should wait. If the answer is no, then perhaps you should consider it. Also, can you afford to get into a similar class vehicle? The prices have gone up. Is the increase in cost more than what you'd pay on a repair? If you're worried about repairs, how much would purchasing an extended warranty cost? How does that cost compare?

All questions you need to answer before making your decision.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi everyone! New to the forum. Wish I had known about it 3 years ago! We purchased our 2014 qx60 in November 2013. Shortly after purchase we noticed the fuel range was acting nuts. Typically it didnt happen until we got to half a tank but it would go from 120 mte to 30 and your gas light would click on within seconds. It is beyond frustrating. The dealer told me then it was a glitch and as soon as the update came out for the computer they would fix it. 3 years later, still no update and same issues. I also experience the shuddering from time to time and there have been a few issues where the radio stations changed on its own (very rare but happened and freaked us all out, lol). Now we are at almost 60k miles and am wondering if I should trade it in before anything gets "worse?" Anyone had any real issues beyond 60k miles? Thanks in advance!
These cars can go over 200k miles if you do basic maintenance and don't overly abuse them. Every car gets niggly issues during its life just like we humans getting a chronic sore knee. Sometimes you fix them and sometimes you do workarounds like watching the gas gage and playing mp3s.? The shudder is something to watch and have checked if it progresses.So to me it is a budget issue. A new car will set you back more than spending the cash to replace the CVT and trying to fix the others. I use my wife's risk tolerance level for long road trips. When she says she fears a breakdown on a multi day road trip I fix the problem she fears or start looking for a new car.?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts
I'd keep going to them demanding a fix. If they can't fix it, contact Infiniti about buying back the car. I don't know the lemon laws by you, but Infiniti is usually fairly accommodating if there are real problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually they are giving me what I owe on the qx60 and have come off of their car as well. I'm not even looking at suvs. I am going to a car. A much less expensive car with a lower payment. My fear is that I will need 2 new transmissions after my warranty is up on 4,000 miles. Doesn't a new transmission runot about 5k?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts