Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we've test driven the QX60 we noted that the head rests in the third row seem really, really big compared to the other vehicles we have looked at (Volvo XC90 and Pilot Elite), almost to the point of being a visual obstruction. Can anyone who utilizes their third row regularly comment on whether they have found this to be a problem or annoyance? Appreciate your real world experience. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
7 Posts
When we've test driven the QX60 we noted that the head rests in the third row seem really, really big compared to the other vehicles we have looked at (Volvo XC90 and Pilot Elite), almost to the point of being a visual obstruction. Can anyone who utilizes their third row regularly comment on whether they have found this to be a problem or annoyance? Appreciate your real world experience. Thanks in advance!
this is my opinion..been driving many types of cars/trucks etc for 24yrs...

if they are in use, they do block some visibility if you are trying to back into a spot
-- but it's not that bad if you are decent driver. Plus you have the backup cam...you shouldn't rely on both, rather use normal common sense of shoulder checking/360 checking and cameras..when backing up.

if they aren't being used, just flip them down.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We just got our 2016 QX60 and I noticed the same thing about the 3rd row headrests. When the 3rd row is not in use I just flip the head rests down but leave the seats up so as not to crease the leather anymore than is not necessary.

I believe the headrest design stems from the seat back being a littler shorter than normal so the headrest would need to be longer to accommodate a passengers head. Also they are big so as to serve as barriers when piling up luggage back there when on a road trip with 3rd row passengers

·
Registered
39 Posts
The headrest are big but IMHO, the styling of the back windows makes visibility very limited. As the previous poster noted, backup camera and sensor makes it not an issue when it comes to backing up. When I don't drive the QX60 for a period of time, I find the rear view annoying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts