Infiniti QX60 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, the theater system is SUPER CONFUSING. And super limited in source choices too, it would seem.

I fiddled with it today for a couple of hours, and found out the following combination that worked:

1) Rear displays (both) playing movie from DVD (in the dashboard dvd player) or playing move from USB.

AND SIMULTANEOUSLY...

2) Audio for the driver/front passenger playing off of BLUETOOTH (mp3) with REAR SOUND turned OFF.

Anything else seems to just not work. For e.g. trying to use the unused source (DVD or USB) to play audio in the front is a no go.

I cannot even get this right when parked, cant imagine trying it while driving.:D

What I ideally want to do is to is this:
1) Ability to play movies off the USB or DVD on the rear displays.
2) Ability to choose L to play off the DVD and R off of the USB. Or Vice-versa.
3) When only DVD or USB is being used to play video, the other source (USB or DVD) should be able to play audio in the front speakers.
(I dont care much for the AUX ports, frankly)

If anyone knows how to do this, please please let me know!!!
======
Weird:
1) If I want both my kids to watch DIFFERENT moves on the L and R rear displays, looks like I cannot do that UNLESS one of those sources is the REAR AUX. If I pick anything else, then BOTH rear displays switch AT THE SAME TIME. :eek:. Is anyone else seeing this? Or is there a trick?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ymmv, turn it off and talk to your kids while you have them as a captive audience. I have a son who is an MD, the two others are getting PhDs in engineering. They say they will never have cars with players. When we ordered our fully loaded QX, it was pretty difficult for the dealer to enter the order into the Infiniti order system without it forcing the theatre package with the tech and touring. Finally they got it right after talking to the regional office.

Are we boring? I dunno, we still laugh about driving to go mountain biking with the whole family singing the Violent Femmes' Blister in the Sun at the top of our lungs. And my wife reading Where the Red Fern Grows pausing to talk about it with them. Good times. A car can be a time capsule.

Again, ymmv.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ymmv, turn it off and talk to your kids while you have them as a captive audience. I have a son who is an MD, the two others are getting PhDs in engineering. They say they will never have cars with players. When we ordered our fully loaded QX, it was pretty difficult for the dealer to enter the order into the Infiniti order system without it forcing the theatre package with the tech and touring. Finally they got it right after talking to the regional office.

Are we boring? I dunno, we still laugh about driving to go mountain biking with the whole family singing the Violent Femmes' Blister in the Sun at the top of our lungs. And my wife reading Where the Red Fern Grows pausing to talk about it with them. Good times. A car can be a time capsule.

Again, ymmv.
Lol, I know EXACTLY what u mean because we are in the same camp. We've always told our kids (12 and 9 now) to look out the window - they are like "live TVs". So they grew up that way. Oh and no iPADs allowed in the car either, unless it is a 4+ hr journey. All our previous cars reflected this philosophy and we have lots of fun memories in the car.
==============
When we bought the QX60, we wanted everything except the theater package. It was not available... so we said, oh well, lets see where this road takes us :). We know our kids wouldnt care either way. Its just a part of what we paid for, and I want to make it work the way I want it (assuming that is possible).

On the other hand, I do see a bunch of my friends (with much younger children) who have DVD systems in their car and the kids wouldn't even want to get off the car until the "movie is over" (feel a bit sorry for them). I know we avoided that phase with our kids, now its just another little thing in the shiny new toy (er, car) that daddy will be excited for a month and then it'll fade into the background, except for those super long trips. Assuming dad can make it work :)
================
Thanks for listening. If there are any experts with Theater package who have figured this out, I would love to hear from them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts